Tree shadows

orbitalized

Mustang Fix and shadows set to low improve my fps.

All other graphics options in high and ultra.

DOF off

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k 4.4GHz | MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Hero |HD: Samsung 840 Evo SSD 500 GB| GPU: GTX 760 2GB | RAM: G skill Ripjaws DDR3 2133 16GB| OS: Windows 10 PRO

What does the Flat Terrain Shadows? It is to leave it on the Flat Terrain Shadows and off only the shadows of the trees ? Flat shadows terrain drops 30 fps When activated. Sorry my inglês. Google Translator.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

What I notice is this:

With shadows set to LOW fps drops from 60 to 40ish flying low over a forrest, even with forrest visibility radius set to the minimum.

With shadows set to FLAT ONLY there is no fps drop.

In either case the forest shadows look exactly the same.

---------------------

P.S. I did get Mustang's fix to work. Perhaps the files didn't overwrite correctly the first time. It improves the fps drop. Now it is 50ish over a dense forest at low level. So it is not just the forest shadows, but also the forests themselves, that cause the fps drop in 1.5.

I have worse fps over a forest in 1.5 than I did in 1.2. It's the only thing that seems to cause stutters with 1.5.

Edited by gavagai

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

What does the Flat Terrain Shadows?

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

What does the Flat Terrain Shadows?

i am curious about that too. if there isn't already, maybe a short description for each option would be nice and good for testing. so we know what difference it makes - and what we should expect when testing. like Flat Terrain Shadows and the different model visibility settings.

From what I've seen, the "flat shadows" don't conform to the terrain as the regular shadows do.

You can test it by going into a mountainous area and flying really low. You will see the shadows from the hill tops actually lay flat out over the side of the hill like an awning. They are in mid air.

You'll need the sun in a low position to see this.

Talking about post specs how can I show my PC specs when I post ?...:music_whistling:

You type them in under your signiture...Look under user cp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

I updated catalyst to 15.7 and the stutter isn't so bad over forests now.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria