How to install Mig-21 in 1.5

LupinYonder

Hi all, sorry if this has already been addressed but I can't seem to install the Mig module into 1.5. I am using the "MIG-21BIS_1.2.16.43180.9-9.exe"

I have been told that I can use the run command "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin>dcs_updater.exe install MIG-21BIS"

But either I am getting the syntax wrong or possibly I need to put the MIG-21.BIS exe somewhere specific. Windows says It can run the command because it can't find the file.

I am locating the Updater.exe correctly so that is not the problem.

Thanks

Hi all, sorry if this has already been addressed but I can't seem to install the Mig module into 1.5. I am using the "MIG-21BIS_1.2.16.43180.9-9.exe"

I have been told that I can use the run command "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin>dcs_updater.exe install MIG-21BIS"

But either I am getting the syntax wrong or possibly I need to put the MIG-21.BIS exe somewhere specific. Windows says It can run the command because it can't find the file.

I am locating the Updater.exe correctly so that is not the problem.

Thanks

Good lord. What are you trying to do. :D

Just fire up 1.5, go into the Module Manager (top left of the screen) and then select install. You don't need any separate Mig 21 executable.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Good lord. What are you trying to do. :D

Just fire up 1.5, go into the Module Manager (top left of the screen) and then select install. You don't need any separate Mig 21 executable.

Yeah you actually do if you moved from steam to standalone, because the module manager won't recognize your stuff as you got it all from steam.

To the OP not sure whats up, I used skates guide and did the same thing and it worked fine. Did you copy the Mig 21 file into MODS-Aircraft file?

• Like 1

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin>dcs_updater.exe install MIG-21BIS"

If you are typing the command exactly as you posted it, then it would not work. Note the highlighted character.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You can easily use your steam modules in the standalone.

I put all mine in last night. Just do the following.

-Go to DCS world website and click "login" at the top, (you must have a DCS world account which you already do if you play multiplayer)

-Once logged in click profile in top right.

-On the profile page in bottom left is the "License Check" field. Enter your CD key in this field to check and get an option to bind this module to your username, it can also be unbound after it seems if needed.

-To get your license key, in your steam games library, right click DCS world and select CD keys. It shows all the keys for your modules.

Edited by FeistyLemur

Wo wo wo! guys don't run off with this steam thing! never mentioned it was a steam version.

Of course I have tried the module manager and while all other modules give an option to install, Mig21 only allows me to buy which takes me to the ED store.

Note the highlighted character.
what do you mean by this ? I hardly use the Run command so if your alluding to a mistake then please be plane about it.

I got the Mig 21 key from the funding campaign if that is relevant.

Wo wo wo! guys don't run off with this steam thing! never mentioned it was a steam version.

Of course I have tried the module manager and while all other modules give an option to install, Mig21 only allows me to buy which takes me to the ED store.

what do you mean by this ? I hardly use the Run command so if your alluding to a mistake then please be plane about it.

I got the Mig 21 key from the funding campaign if that is relevant.

If you have a Mig 21 key, regardless of where you purchased it, have you tried logging into the DCS world website and putting it into the license check field to see if you can bind it to your account?

If you have a Mig 21 key, regardless of where you purchased it, have you tried logging into the DCS world website and putting it into the license check field to see if you can bind it to your account?

Thanks, I will try that. Of course me email server is down at the moment ( sods law ) so I can't look up my licence key emailed to me from Leatherneck after the Indigo campaign. Maybe Once I have done that I will have the simple option to install.

Little rant:

Isn't it frustrating that no matter how carefully you try and word a problem on a forum, people always seem to misunderstand the problem or just insinuate that your doing something stupid.

EDIT: Email worked, bound the serial key to my account and installed. Will now use the Mig21 hotfix and give it a go. Thanks for your help

Edited by LupinYonder

Thanks, I will try that. Of course me email server is down at the moment ( sods law ) so I can't look up my licence key emailed to me from Leatherneck after the Indigo campaign. Maybe Once I have done that I will have the simple option to install.

Little rant:

Isn't it frustrating that no matter how carefully you try and word a problem on a forum, people always seem to misunderstand the problem or just insinuate that your doing something stupid.

EDIT: Email worked, bound the serial key to my account and installed. Will now use the Mig21 hotfix and give it a go. Thanks for your help

The only way I'm aware of to get the 1.5 beta version of mig21 is to either use the DCS world module manager or via steam. The downloadable module on the website is 1.2.whatever and is only meant for use with the standalone release branch.

I use steam but didn't want to migrate my normal install in steam over to 1.5 as I still want to play 1.2 online. So this is why I installed the separate DCS open beta standalone and activated my keys. The eagle dynamics modules like a10c, FC3 and Black shark were automatically active on my DCS world account by default. But the 3rd parties all had to be added via license check feature on the webpage.

I don't see a reason the indiegogo key you mentioned won't work like that too, but who knows.