1.5 Not Responding/Blackscreen on start

StJimmy

I had originally posted this in the thread about the Fury X gfx card, having read some of the posts on here, it would seem others with Fury's have the same issue with the game hanging at the point of loading a mission. ( Running on Win7 64 )

Having seen others mention loading Windows 10 solved their issue, I gave it a try and am pleased to say this has solved the mission loading hang for me!

Hope this helps!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------–--------------

I have the same issue with the Fury ( At least I think I have, google translate not withstanding... )

I have been playing the Beta without issue on my old GFX card ( Ati R9 290 ), I have just installed a new gfx card ( Ati Asus Radeon Fury Strix DC3 4096 HBM ).

The game opens to menu OK, it is only upon the loading of a mission that the computer hangs. The load always gets to about 75% but goes no further.

Alt tabbing out just gets the windows "swirl" and then says "computer not responding".

I have tried this on the Hawk module and standard SU25 and with various mission. Each time exactly the same load ( 75% ) but no further.

I have uninstalled the beta, deleted the folder, re booted PC and reinstalled. Same hang on mission load each time. No mods now loaded ( just SU25) still same issue.

I have tried gfx drivers as follows - 15.7.1 and 15.10 Beta.

DCS 1.2.16 loads missions with out any issues.

PC system - Win 7 home premium 64 bit, Intel core i7-3820 CPU @ 3.6GHz - 16Gig RAM - DX11.

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

I have similar problems as they are described in previous posts, since then I have installed AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB in my comp.

First I had to download and apply four DLLs from SkateZilla (thanks for these files) to enable to start DCS correctly. Now I can start the game and fly SP missions, but only with shadows set as "FLAT ONLY". If some higher level in shadows settings is used, the game freezes and crashes after the mission is loaded. The other graphic settings does not affect stability of the game.

I cannot start multiplayer using MP icon (only black screen with music in the background), but I can switch to multiplayer from the main screen. I can join servers but only some missions work, sometime DCS freezes and crashes.

I didn't have these problems in DCS 1.5 Beta with previous AMD HD 7850 2GB card, except the starting of multiplayer.

I have no problems with DCS 1.2.16.

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit, DirectX 11, Catalyst 15.7.1 installed.

Edited by paeagle

• ED Team

Hi paeagle

The multiplayer icon is no longer used with the open beta 1.5.0 it can be deleted.

If you have a crash please zip and attach your complete logs folder so we can take a look.

A guide can be found in my signature.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

If you have a crash please zip and attach your complete logs folder so we can take a look.

Two zipped log folders are attached below, they were taken from successful (Logs_SP_shadows_FLAT_OK) and unsuccessful (Logs_SP_shadows_HIGH_crash) start of the test mission. Stock SP mission P51 - Cold start from Vaziani was used for these tests. Different shadows setting was used as it is mentioned in my post above (sent 10-29-2015, 07:43 PM).

Thanks in advance for help.

AMD A10-5800K 3800MHz

ASUS F2A55-M

Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB DDR3 1866MHz

WD Caviar Blue EX - 1TB

AMD Sapphire NITRO R9 380, 4GB

Zalman ZM500-GS 500W

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1

DirectX 11

Catalyst 15.7.1

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages from 2005 to 2015 (latest versions)

Logs_SP_shadows_FLAT_OK.zip

Logs_SP_shadows_HIGH_crash.zip

• 4 weeks later...

The problem with shadows settings described above looks to be solved in DCS 1.5.1.47285 Update 2. I can set the shadows to HIGH now. Thanks for this update.

AMD A10-5800K 3800MHz, ASUS F2A55-M, Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB DDR3 1866MHz, WD Caviar Blue EX - 1TB, AMD Sapphire NITRO R9 380 4GB, Zalman ZM500-GS 500W

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit, DirectX 11, Catalyst 15.7.1