Activation problem with 1.5 and Ka-50

I have posted a little about this before, with no response.

Now I'm getting concerned. Take a breath.... ;)

I have BS2 standalone v1.1.1.1 installed on my PC as well as the DCS World module.

The standalone is the upgrade (i.e. bought as the upgrade to BS1).

The DCS World module is the full version (i.e. bought as BS2).

Both were activated before I installed 1.5

After installing 1.5 OB, I was asked to activate Black Shark 2 upgrade. It should not have installed the upgrade, it should have installed the full version. Nevertheless, as I didn't know how to fix that, I re-activated with the upgrade code, as it wouldn't accept the full version code.

Yesterday, I started DCS World 1.2.16 and was asked to activate the BS2 full module (which I had already done prior to installing 1.5). When I entered the code, it said that BS2 full was already activated and continued with loading.

Today, I started 1.5 and let it update with the hotfix. After updating, I was yet again requested to activate BS2 upgrade version. I exited the sim.

I can see what is happening - Starforce is getting mixed up between my two installations. I've been using the two on this PC for years, so it must have been set off by 1.5

When it asks me to activate upgrade, it is displaying the code for the full version in the window.

When it asks me to activate the full version, it is displaying the activation code for the upgrade in the window.

The actual cause of the problem is therefore, I believe, caused by the wrong version being automatically installed to 1.5

Maybe that should be looked at?

I would add that both versions are on the same drive and partition. Maybe I should install the standalone to a separate drive in future? Though as said, it has never caused an issue before. 1.5 is on a separate hard drive.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Same for me, ED and me are throwing support tickets at each other to get it resolved.

I bought the KA50 back in 2008 or so, upgraded to BS2 and within 1.5 I can't get the module installed through the module manager as it states I need BS1 activated but I can start and fly within BS1 with no problems.

With 1.2.16, no problems using BS2 module, under 1.5 I can install the BS2 module but can't activate it as it states it can't accept my upgrade key...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Same issue for me too.

AMD 3600X- 32GB RAM - Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080Ti - 512GB NVme Samsung 830 256Gb 840 256Gb SSD - Track IR 4.0 + TrackClip Pro - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - WarBRD base mount and extention - Simped F16/USB (Stolen!) - Thrustmaster T-flight pedals (spew)

DCS KA-50 Blackshark 1 & 2; DCS P-51 Mustang; DCS A-10C Warthog; DCS UH-1 Huey; DCS F-86F; DCS Mi-8MTV2; DCS Mig-21bis; DCS: AV-8b; DCS: Spitfire IX; DCS: NS430; DCS: Combined Arms; Lock On Flaming Cliffs 3; Rise of Flight; IL2:1946;

After reinstalling, I cancelled the combined module installation as shown in the module manager screenshot attached to my previous post.

I then went through and installed each individual module separately and made sure I selected the full Ka-50 module - at which point the upgrade varsion disappeared from the list (obviously, because I now had the Ka-50 installed, so....)

The good bit being that it no longer nags me to activate any modules. So my issue is sorted.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

The story continues, the support ticket I had was auto-closed (I was away) so I opened a new one with reference to the old one. None of the solutions helped for me.

I keep hoping, also, when DCS1.5 leaves Beta and becomes the mainstream product, I want this issue resolved.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Still working on getting mine solved.

ED support did a teamviewer session with me this evening, the two guys were not able to solve the issue so they're bringing in a programmer to help out.

I have another session for tomorrow night, will keep you posted.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...