Do I have to install all settings again on new comp?

I'm looking to buy a new comp soon and I'm just wonder if I will have to redo all my settings for DCS again? Could I not just use my DCS profiles from the old comp and import them to the new computer? I'm thinking no because of it been a new computer and using a different Usb port, but I'm not sure.

I'm also stuck with something else if anyone can help. Do you have to save each modules settings one at a time, or can you just save them all in one go? Thanks!

Edited by Crunchy

Hi Crunchy

I just built a new system and had exactly the same question. Check this for my solution: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2517097#post2517097

For the backup I copied the whole "Saved Games->DCS.openbeta->Config->Input" folders, as thats where all your key assignments are stored. With the Renamer tool you can search and replace within file names, so its easy to rename all backup config files to match the new USB ports.

Yeah just grab the User/Saved Games/DCS/ folder, that will contain the required settings etc.

Things like monitor configuration (If you use a custom multi monitor setup) are located in the Program Files install directory. (DCS: World/Config/MonitorSetup/)

Edited by Ragtop

476th vFG Alumni

I installed the non-steam version of 1.5 beta, and it loaded the controls from User/Saved Games/DCS/ folder but they were all messed up. As example, the buttons which control TGP in A-10C, were now changing the screen pages. Any idea how to fix it? Im using x52 Pro if that matters.

Is it possible that the profile for your X-52 has changed? If the buttons were bound to keypresses, perhaps the keypresses have changed. That'd result in DCS seeing them as different buttons.

If you don't use a profile and it's simply mapped directly to DCS, then it's possible Windows is seeing the device with a new USB ID and has not associated it with the old bindings. Not sure how to solve that one. Probably altering the ID in the input lua file. If you can find the ID that is.

476th vFG Alumni

If you don't use a profile and it's simply mapped directly to DCS, then it's possible Windows is seeing the device with a new USB ID and has not associated it with the old bindings. Not sure how to solve that one. Probably altering the ID in the input lua file. If you can find the ID that is.

This is the same problem I was having when I started the thread. I don't want to have to setup all of my controls again to a new computer. The new comp is going to use a different USB id though and that's why a guy in this thread says to use the Renamer Tool. I just have to try and figure out how to use this tool though.

Try this:

Enter in Controls and assign 1 button to your joy, this will create for then a new identity.

go to...:\Users\"Username"\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\"plane name"\joystick\

Open the file Joystick.LUA and find the file created (actual date), something:

"Joystick name" {53DE3A30-65E0-11e4-8001-444553540000}.diff.lua <<< not exactly this numbers.

Copy this name and rename the file.

Then rename the old "josytick name" for this new name as the guy explain there:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2517097&postcount=4

Is need do this for every plane.

Edited by Sokol1_br