Unable to login to multiplayer. NO INTERNET CONNECTION

SeraphimGray

Haha,

glad I could point you into the right direction.

My next advice: deinstall and forget that Security Suite if it does it again :)

As a note:

I make my money with IT security and Insurnace companies so I know what I am talking about.

The approach to defend a PC with installed SW ON THAT PC has always been the worst of all ideas to defend an OS. Again, that dead simple. Whoever tells you something else hasnt thought this down to the end, effort wise, money wise, possibility of success rate.

The only thing such Security Suites from all Vendors out there do is take your money ;)

Having a "standard" "plain & direct" Virus scanner that has superb low-level access in the kernel of your OS is about all end users need imho, I dont do it any other way myself with multiple home computers etc.. . It is a: too expensive b: tooo much work to maintain and C: it has shown over and over that PC with all SecSuites around still get all kinds of infections and infused wrong settings of all kind. Windows is easy to disturb, easier than Linux or Mac.

The Security they advertise with is not the security you will get. What you get is an illusion of that you are secure now that you have paid the money and committed yourself to do something about it. 90% placebo effect, 10% real increased security, for 49,99 per year !

Real security is A: never to achieve B: hard to maintain C: extraterrestial pricerange, anywhere from 10k€ upward and an admin that maintains it, READS ALL THE LOGS ANYTIME, does IDS and IPS, DPI and what not else....

and even then.... it's all a lie to make you pay

It's my job, honestly, it's making money with the FEAR and LIABILTY of others, dead simpel.

Deinstall it, reinstall maybe with the least features ala RealTime Scanner alone, forget the FW, Browser feature, etc...., scan files and mail and be cautious, that's the best.

Thanks for advice. Next year when my licence expires, I will look for better solution (and hurray, I will save money.)

Basically, problem again repeats itself. As said, I'm using BITDEFENDER TOTAL SECURITY 2015. and personally I feel that DCS should check and allow to users of Bitdefender to make it to multiplayer. I understand it's not only DCS issue, but Bitdefender also. Now trust me this is only game that has this incompatibility... so considering my spending on DCS DLC's it would be nice to see a move from their side as well.

So it after I reinstalled Bitdefender, my happiness lasted only 4 days. I guess DCS worked until first bigger Bitdefender update. Honestly, I don't intend to reinstall it again, it's a pain in the neck. Which also means, I will not be buying new DCS DLC's very soon. I hope that DCS cares about happiness of poor sods that have Bitdefender as security solution. At least now source of problem is clear as I see other guy also has the same suite.

Edited by SeraphimGray

I come here to chew bubblegum and kick-ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum. :D

Ok, I was checking update history for Bitdefender and there were multiple updates, none of which triggered this as I played with no problem yesterday. There was windows update and I start to suspect that is most likely the trigger for this error.

I had similar problem in v.1.2.16, but then I dismissed possibility that windows update was reason for this or fixing it. Considering I have Steam v.1.5. and standalone v1.2.16. I can confirm that both are affected.

In 1.2.16, I get error "can't connect to master". And honestly back in days when 1.5. was not launched, this "can't connect to master" was driving me crazy as it appeared and fixed itself.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=147683

Now, as addition, Win Update seems to be affected by Bitdefender as I experience problem where WinUpdate setting is constantly reset to "don't check for downloads".

http://forum.bitdefender.com/lofiversion/index.php/t55026.html

Best way to describe this is... damn furball.

I'll try to "repair" bitdefender, see how it goes and I'll contact their support.

Edited by SeraphimGray

Ok, so I upgraded the damn Bitdefender to version 2016. Considering reinstall, problem is fixed.

I'll let you know if it happens again, in anybody wants to look into it.

I truly hope Bitdefender fixed it on their end.

And here we go again:

On 1.2.16 standalone I again get "Can't connect to Master"

On 1.5. steam version I get: "No internet connection"

This time, I will not de-install / repair / my Bitdefender AV, I will simply report when this problem fixes itself.

It happened before that problem was fixed even if I did not do any change and I expect it will again.

Both logs attached.

Logs 1.2.16.zip

Logs 1.5.zip

Fixed! Thank you!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hi there :)

To cut a looong story short, because i have spent all day + evening in the same boat as you

here is what i found.

1. Turn ON your windows firewall

2. Turn OFF BD 2015 firewall

3. goto : allow a program or feature through Windows firewall,

and make sure your DCS .exe`s are allowed in there.

4. Now fire up DCS World and connect.

5. Turn ON your precious BD 2015 firewall again, and make sure to go and turn OFF

windows firewall.

All i can say is : that`s what i did and im now a happy online flying Viking again :)

Hope it can help you and other`s too.

Windows 10 Pro | i5-8600K | MSI Tomahawk Z370 | 48GB DDR4-3000 A-DATA (LED) | EVGA Superclocked 2 GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | 256GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | 512GB M.2 NVe A-DATA | HP Omen 32" 2560x1440 | Thrustmaster Warthog, CH Pedals Oculus Rift S VR

• 2 weeks later...
I am using Bitdefender.

However,I have solved my problem by simply deleting my password, and then re-typing it. Both 1.2 and 1.5 work just fine, now.

I hope this also helps anyone else.

badfinger

I spoke too soon. I now have no internet connection!!

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.