Unable to login to multiplayer. NO INTERNET CONNECTION

SeraphimGray

Intro. :)

I'm using steam version of DCS 1.5. My PC config is more than sufficient to run DCS 1.5., and I have been playing multiplayer and logging-in normally until yesterday. Following problem is not related to my firewall or internet connection I eliminated all possible issues by turning off all firewall and DCS is added to whitelist.

Problem:

So I was able to normally log-in to multiplayer on 1.5. until yesterday. Today when I tried game at first took a while to process login and then given me error "NO INTERNET CONNECTION" (screenshot 01 attached). This is crazy as obviously, I'm on internet right now and right now game gives me this strange error. :)

I tried to spam the login, but it did not help. When I decided to give up, I clicked X above login interface and it gave me new error: "ERROR LOGOUT". (screen 02 attached).

I can reproduce this error with 100% success. :(

How I tried to resolve:

1. Integrity check - done - DID NOT FIX

2. I don't have special characters in user or password, I logged in to my profile on web-site, reset password, but still NO DICE.

3. I also renamed the folder under /saved games/ to DCS.openbeta which allowed the game to form new DCS folder with fresh configs and logs. - PROBLEM REMAINED.

Possible cause? or not

Now last time I played game froze due to the fact I wanted to check key mappings when in mission and the information. I had to crash the game through task manager, so I thought maybe game still thinks I'm logged in but I suspect that number 3 would clear out all problems with config or log files.

If anyone has a solution before I delete the game and reinstall it, I would appreciate.

Thanks

01.PNG.317ade623eb422f281a8707284ef4cd5.PNG

02.png.7ecb600f6a949ad8ea0d9cf72061be12.png

Edited by SeraphimGray

I come here to chew bubblegum and kick-ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum. :D

• ED Team

Things to try

check antivirus / firewall / router port 10308 and 5222

rename your C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta and restart the sim, allow dcs to create a new one.

Can you please attach your zipped logs folder to a post here.

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi thanks for quick response!

Attached router settings for DCS. Port was already added, because I had random "can't connect to master problems" in 1.2.16. I even called ISP to confirm they don't block any traffic.

It's not AV / firewall issue, tested it with fully turned-off. Besides it worked on same settings yesterday and there were no conflicts with AV / FW. I use Bitdefender Total Security 2015. for that purpose.

Already tried to rename to DCS.openbeta - did not help

Logs attached

Logs.zip

router.PNG.6b733a64e68873fae5ddaa1d402e03c9.PNG

Edited by SeraphimGray

thanks for attaching the logs folder.

I'm having the same problem. Able to log onto the forum, never any problems until version 1.5, port # is correct.

How do I find that report you asked SeraphimGrey to send you?

Thanks,

badfinger

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

• ED Team

You will hate me for suggesting it, but have you tried a complete fresh install / Deleting local files in steam?

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi there :)

To cut a looong story short, because i have spent all day + evening in the same boat as you

here is what i found.

1. Turn ON your windows firewall

2. Turn OFF BD 2015 firewall

3. goto : allow a program or feature through Windows firewall,

and make sure your DCS .exe`s are allowed in there.

4. Now fire up DCS World and connect.

5. Turn ON your precious BD 2015 firewall again, and make sure to go and turn OFF

windows firewall.

All i can say is : that`s what i did and im now a happy online flying Viking again :)

Hope it can help you and other`s too.

You will hate me for suggesting it, but have you tried a complete fresh install / Deleting local files in steam?

No problem, I actually already did it overnight. Did not help.

By deleting local files you mean in ...\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld ?

Hi there :)

To cut a looong story short, because i have spent all day + evening in the same boat as you

here is what i found.

1. Turn ON your windows firewall

2. Turn OFF BD 2015 firewall

3. goto : allow a program or feature through Windows firewall,

and make sure your DCS .exe`s are allowed in there.

4. Now fire up DCS World and connect.

5. Turn ON your precious BD 2015 firewall again, and make sure to go and turn OFF

windows firewall.

All i can say is : that`s what i did and im now a happy online flying Viking again :)

Hope it can help you and other`s too.

Thanks Viking. Unfortunately it did not help. :(

Ok, i tested ports, namely 10308.

Now can anyone explain to me, how is it possible that I have UDP 10308 opened on router and assigned to DCS, but it is not opened when I test it with port-forwarder?! :helpsmilie:

I thought at least in IT there are some rules that apply without exception. :shocking:

I'll try to add it in separate line and if that does not work, I'm going to sit in my car, drive 300 km to ISP HQ and I'm gonna beat the **** out of somebody. :mad: :chair:

884140862_howisthispossible.PNG.16991b529fe449c0a1135701a76ddfb0.PNG

Ok, added a separate line for 10308 TCP/UDP on router.

Now port-forwarder shows that it is opened. :glare:

But...it didn't help a thing... problem still remains. :badmood:

5222.thumb.png.a0da416ce775ba20da1d99c2c4cdd58e.png

10308.thumb.png.921c4e0dc0a9e35535023b69f29e1b42.png

1014665794_portsnew.PNG.59688bef849356a1f1cb14909f874476.PNG

Edited by SeraphimGray

From my point of view and reading the above there are 2 possible causes resulting in such a behaviour of packets being rejected. The first one is less likely to be the case but none the less

should be mentioned:

What kind of firewall are you using ? HomeUser devices like Linksys, Netgear, Asus etc.. ?

or professional stuff like Cisco, Juniper, SonicWall, Gateprotect etc..

I am asking this because you mention the service XMPP on port 5222 tcp.

You only need to fumble with this port/service IF your firewall blocks outgoing traffic by default, aka uses a Block-All policy. Standard home user routers do not usually have such capabilities.

IF this is the case, then XMPP is NOT THE ONLY service and port of concern, but port 80 with http and 443 https, both tcp, need to be allowed too, along with 10308 tcp+udp.

Standard home user routers use NAT ( that's why you need to Port-Forward the service/port ) and Stateful Inspection ( only allows packets to come in that you have asked for from that specific internal IP, no answer without a request )

The 2nd reason is much more likely to be the case but will need to have the COMPLETE Security Suite to be deinstalled, rebooted and then try again. Disabling the Filters and Protection often does not turn the feature completely off and may result in such behaviour. The reason may well be that you still need 5222,80,443 and not only 10308. Your SecSW just may not get that, that dead simpel. Deinstall, reboot and try that optipn. Make sure you have a copy of your license key etc if you want to reinstall it.

Do also not open ports you dont need, 80,443,5222 tcp and 10308 tcp+udp are all you need.

Open ports with no service behind are a black hole, service unavailable, but can easily confuse in the GUI.

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

There is one more possible cause:

Port Forward Trigger vs. Port Forwarding

If your router has both options for making services available and you are using the trigger version, then please change to the permanent open ports version without triggering.

Triggered port forwarding ( depending on vendor too ) only open the port AFTER request, usually from inside first. Not what you want for DCS Server.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Hi BitMaster!

First of all thanks for taking time to read and not giving me generic/random solution.

As you can see in my first post, I went into details with describing status and I did most of standard stuff that is usually recommended. Also I wanted to make special attention to explain that it is not problem with my firewall or router. to skip usual advice: open ports, rename to dcs.openbeta etc...

Considering DCS 1.5. multiplayer worked all right just 2 days ago it is very strange that problem should be on my end. Considering it's open beta, bug problem is a viable possibility.

I'll try to answer your questions in order:

1. Firewall is software - Bitdefender Total Security 2015.

Router is standard home user device. THOMSON brand, nothing special with nothing special firewall and intrusion detection enabled.

2. Reason why I ever went into lengths to open ports is that because if I don't do it and show it's set, I would never get another advice or solution. Everybody presumes you don't know how to set it up and dismiss the problem. This includes DCS official support, I send them ticket from my profile. I sent them image of ports opened in first msg and they still gave me generic response to check my ports. :glare:

Related to Port Forward Trigger vs Port Forwarding, this is definitely not the case. Triggers are not set, although you can see in screenshot that there seams to be option to set triggers on ports.

In previous attachment are all ports that I opened for DCS, that have actually been advised by DCS support either directly to me in ticket, or here on forums.

Now, I will delete all port forwarding, and leave only ones you said

- 80, 443, 5222, 10308

I know that shutting down firewall does not shut it down completely, but my starting point is that if it worked yesterday with full firewall options on, then today not working is not due to the firewall. I will in lack of other solutions I will also try complete uninstall of firewall.

Before doing all that, I will simply try to reset my connection to internet. Who knows...

Edited by SeraphimGray

The 2nd reason is much more likely to be the case but will need to have the COMPLETE Security Suite to be deinstalled, rebooted and then try again. Disabling the Filters and Protection often does not turn the feature completely off and may result in such behaviour. The reason may well be that you still need 5222,80,443 and not only 10308. Your SecSW just may not get that, that dead simpel. Deinstall, reboot and try that optipn. Make sure you have a copy of your license key etc if you want to reinstall it.

Do also not open ports you dont need, 80,443,5222 tcp and 10308 tcp+udp are all you need.

Open ports with no service behind are a black hole, service unavailable, but can easily confuse in the GUI.

Bit

This solved the problem. I'm currently running without Bitdefender TS 2015, and I was able to log-in to multiplayer.

I'm happy that it's solved, but I'm wondering how this occurs? I tested multiplayer on other games today and it worked ok.

It is very strange that in DCS I'm able to connect to multiplayer with Bitdefender TS 2015 with maximum security settings, just up to some point when it breaks down. I had same issue with 1.2.16.

and as you can see it got randomly fixed without me removing Bitdefender.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=147683

DCS should investigate what is causing this problem as I will not deinstall AV/FW software it every time this happens. If I had problems with other multiplayer games, I would suspect problem is originating in Bitdefender.

I hope case closed, but DCS should check this up.

Now reinstalling Bitdefender and then I'll report how it goes.

Edited by SeraphimGray

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\logs

dcs.zip

Hope this is it. Let me know.

badfinger

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Haha,

glad I could point you into the right direction.

My next advice: deinstall and forget that Security Suite if it does it again :)

As a note:

I make my money with IT security and Insurnace companies so I know what I am talking about.

The approach to defend a PC with installed SW ON THAT PC has always been the worst of all ideas to defend an OS. Again, that dead simple. Whoever tells you something else hasnt thought this down to the end, effort wise, money wise, possibility of success rate.

The only thing such Security Suites from all Vendors out there do is take your money ;)

Having a "standard" "plain & direct" Virus scanner that has superb low-level access in the kernel of your OS is about all end users need imho, I dont do it any other way myself with multiple home computers etc.. . It is a: too expensive b: tooo much work to maintain and C: it has shown over and over that PC with all SecSuites around still get all kinds of infections and infused wrong settings of all kind. Windows is easy to disturb, easier than Linux or Mac.

The Security they advertise with is not the security you will get. What you get is an illusion of that you are secure now that you have paid the money and committed yourself to do something about it. 90% placebo effect, 10% real increased security, for 49,99 per year !

Real security is A: never to achieve B: hard to maintain C: extraterrestial pricerange, anywhere from 10k€ upward and an admin that maintains it, READS ALL THE LOGS ANYTIME, does IDS and IPS, DPI and what not else....

and even then.... it's all a lie to make you pay

It's my job, honestly, it's making money with the FEAR and LIABILTY of others, dead simpel.

Deinstall it, reinstall maybe with the least features ala RealTime Scanner alone, forget the FW, Browser feature, etc...., scan files and mail and be cautious, that's the best.

• ED Team
[ATTACH]124811[/ATTACH]

Hope this is it. Let me know.

badfinger

Which anti virus are you using?

you are getting a Error 503 Service unavailable

wouldn't that mean that he actually gets outbond with success but no answer from other end of the line ?

If yes, than the before problem is of different nature than the above...or a bad twist in the SecSW.

• ED Team
wouldn't that mean that he actually gets outbond with success but no answer from other end of the line ?

If yes, than the before problem is of different nature than the above...or a bad twist in the SecSW.

yes I would assume so bitmaster, but I have seen some strange stuff over the last week :)

I am using Bitdefender.

However,I have solved my problem by simply deleting my password, and then re-typing it. Both 1.2 and 1.5 work just fine, now.

I hope this also helps anyone else.

badfinger

TWC_SLAG

I hope it is not too late to jump in on this thread. I am having the same issue since last week. I only got a chance to try some things to fix it on the weekend. My error only says Invalid username/password which is obviously not the case when it works on the website. I have reset my password (and am definitely able to log into the website after this) and disabled my firewall of both windows and my AV (Kaspersky) As far as I am concerned that should be the only things affecting this issue. I am hesitant to open ports 80 and 443 as this should in no way be required. I have however tested without success. I have already done a repair of the game. the only other thing I can think of is a fresh download which I would like to avoid if possible.