MP seat locking

King_Hrothgar

I don't have the L-39, but was hoping one of you could answer these questions. Is there a way to lock the extra seat in your plane in MP so that no one can join it? Is there a way to boot a player who joins but you don't want there (without booting from entire server obviously)? Can they join you in flight or only at spawn?

Thanks!

I don't have the L-39, but was hoping one of you could answer these questions. Is there a way to lock the extra seat in your plane in MP so that no one can join it? Is there a way to boot a player who joins but you don't want there (without booting from entire server obviously)? Can they join you in flight or only at spawn?

Thanks!

It is possible for mission designers to set the L-39 just with the front seat available. This in my opinion the only way yet to be sure you are alone in the bird.

Otherwise everyone can join even if you are in flight. If you don´t want a copilot, the only way yet ist to ask him for getting out of your plane.

EDIT: Cheers John, you were faster.

Edited by Lino_Germany

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

Would be a good option to have for sure, but this is not battlefield thankfully, and I think for the most part the people that fly this sim are nowhere near that potential troll level, but yes, I see your point for sure.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

You'd think our community would be beyond that kind of thing, but it isn't. RoF demonstrated that very early on (before it was free if memory serves), hence seat locking/kicking was added pretty quickly. And as said, it isn't just malicious players that worry me. Someone simply hopping in to try something new but not bothering to ask for permission or communicate with the pilot is almost as bad. It's unfair to ban someone from a server for that, as they mean no harm, but it's just as damaging as the trolls.

Hopefully this is on the to do list, if not, could a moderator please mention it?

If the server rules clearly say "No jumping in back seat without pilot's permission" and someone does so anyway, then I think a kick/ban is perfectly fair.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

We need a solution.

There is no way to find out who did what. Just imagine, someone gets killed by the opposite team. All he has to do is switching the team, get into a 2-Seater, turn off engine, jettison weapons or whatever, then switching team back and rejoin. And noone will see in the heat of battle that he has been there and what he did.

Or just think of upcoming F-14 by LN. You give Jester (the back seat RIO) a command in the middle of the battle and then someone joins that seat. Jester wont do anything and the new one dont know what to do, maybe he just mis-cklicked and wanted another jet and finally joins his desired jet. Jester didnt do anything, you maybe didnt fire a rocket and gets shot down.

Not to forget that you wont even get informed that someone joined your jet. You simply dont know if you are alone or not.

There has to be a solution for that.

Edited by KEULE

If I would like to fly SFM I could get it for free at World of Warplanes.

You only need 2 of the following 3: Altitude - Speed - Skill

Good points. I can see that a seat locking or request/permission sequence is necessary.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

• 2 weeks later...

Or Joining can only be done while the canopy is open and the plane is on the ground. If a pilot gets in and shuts the canopy, the "lock" could be active at that point. Or a simple request would work also, but it would be cool if you had to land to "pick someone up." Makes me think about first person players if that's ever a thing! You'd actually have to walk over to the plane to get in... oh the possibilities.

P.S. Is shared cockpit currently implemented? I just saw a youtube video showing that it was...

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

• 2 weeks later...
Or Joining can only be done while the canopy is open and the plane is on the ground. If a pilot gets in and shuts the canopy, the "lock" could be active at that point. Or a simple request would work also, but it would be cool if you had to land to "pick someone up." Makes me think about first person players if that's ever a thing! You'd actually have to walk over to the plane to get in... oh the possibilities.

P.S. Is shared cockpit currently implemented? I just saw a youtube video showing that it was...

L39C

If I would like to fly SFM I could get it for free at World of Warplanes.

You only need 2 of the following 3: Altitude - Speed - Skill