Unable to spawn or select role at all

313_Nevo

two MP issues I have which prevents me from playing:

1) I can join server, after loading I see only map. after Esc I can select role, briefing and fly. I am spawned cca 50m over or below the runway able only to look around from cockpit

(see pics)

2) I can join server, after loading I see only map and the only escape is to Ctrl+Alt+Del and kill the DCS (Esc does not work)

DCS: fresh (re)install/repair of DCS 1.5 - no mods

Modules: I reproduced this with following: Su-25T, Su-25A, P-51D

PC specs: Win7 Home Premium 64bit, i5, GTX550Ti, 8GB RAM, (all up to date)

50.jpg

50b.jpg

Edited by 313_Nevo

• ED Team

rename your C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta and restart DCS it will create a new one. Then redo your options page.

Also have you tried a repair?

A guide to reporting issues can be found in my signature. Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I've experienced something similar a couple of times now.

Sometimes I'll join a server and the only thing I'll get is a panning view around an airfield. No spawn options or anything. I can't even press ESC to bring up the menu to exit. I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL and end process.

Tonight I had just joined ACG with no problems but it was right at the end of a mission. So I sat in my aircraft and waited for the server to load the next mission. Once reloaded I was faced with the same scenario again. No spawn menu, no exit menu. Just a pan around view of the airfield. So I hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and then went back and re-joined. I then went through and started up my p-51 and taxied to the runway only for the server to then crash. Not sure if that's related or not.

I have attached a complete zip up of my logs folder in case they help. It contains all my logs since installing DCS Beta about a week and a half ago.

I do have one mod installed in my beta DCS 1.5 and that's the Proper Neck mod so that I'm not looking at the headrest in my P-51 when I turn around but I had the above issues well before installing it.

I also copied over my input profiles from my 1.2.6 to my DCS beta when I installed 1.5 purely because I couldn't be bothered to write down all the buttons for my X-52 and remap them again in DCS so this may or may not play a part. Other than that, my DCS 1.5 Beta is stock standard. No other mods, tweaks or alterations.

Hope the logs help. DCS 1.5 is absolutely cracking especially the new scaling for aircraft spotting. I'm well impressed!

Logs.zip

Edited by Tumbleweed

My Hangar: P-51D Mustang - KA-50 Blackshark - A-10C Warthog - F-86F Sabre - FC3 - Combined Arms - UH-1H

My Flying Adventures: www.dcs-pilot.com :pilotfly:

Nevo, can you confirm if you have the same error in your dcs.log as Tumbleweed has.

Specifically this:

00367.252 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error onSimulationStart:[string "./MissionEditor/modules/mul_select_role.lua"]:510: attempt to index local 'cell' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[string "./MissionEditor/modules/mul_select_role.lua"]:510: in function 'updateGrid'
[string "./MissionEditor/modules/mul_select_role.lua"]:499: in function 'updateGrids'
[string "./MissionEditor/modules/mul_select_role.lua"]:392: in function 'show'
[string "./MissionEditor/GameGUI.lua"]:134: in function <[string "./MissionEditor/GameGUI.lua"]:128>.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Grimes, pls find attached two logs.

First from yesterday (before hotfix3). As I recall correctly, I respawned, plane was hovering over the runway so I disconnected. Lua:Config error there but seems different.

Second one from today (after hotfix3). I performed two attempts on two different servers. First resulted in hovering over the runway. I exited server and tried another server. On this server I just ended on the map screen without anything else working. I Ctrl+Alt+Del out of there. Quite similar Lua:Config error there.

PS: I have also noticed that when I am able to enter the Multiplayer role selection I can not see other players in the roles. I see only spectators. The roles are occupied but no names there.

thanks guys :)

dcs_22+23-Oct.zip

• ED Team

Thanks!

00184.133 ERROR Lua::Config: Call error onShowGameMenu:[string "./MissionEditor/modules/mul_select_role.lua"]:439: attempt to index local 'cell' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/mul_select_role.lua"]:439: in function 'updateGrid'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/mul_select_role.lua"]:429: in function 'updateGrids'

[string "./MissionEditor/modules/mul_select_role.lua"]:322: in function 'show'

[string "./MissionEditor/GameGUI.lua"]:193: in function 'onSimulationEsc'

[string "./MissionEditor/GameGUI.lua"]:318: in function <[string "./MissionEditor/GameGUI.lua"]:316>.

seems to be the same Grimes

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

after two last updates I am facing still the same issues after joining servers:

- I cant see a people in the servers role list

- if I select plane and spawn I am placed levitating over the airport (see above pictures)

I already reinstalled DCS, I switched from Win7 to Win10 and back (because in Win10 I wasnt able to locate DCS installation folder, DCS was in installed programs list but nowhere on the HDD) and still the same.

Shouldnt be some compatibility issue? But I checked with the last server description (TAW PUBLIC SERVER) and it was the same last version I have.

• ED Team

Windows 10 and DCS are fully compatible.

Please attach your whole logs folder zipped here, and please include your system spec and what type of firewall and antivirus you are using.

Also what type of connection you have, some users who have been using mobile services are finding ports blocked by their ISP

thanks

BIGNEWY logs attached.

Regarding the firewall and antivirus - win fw and AVAST av. I disabled both but same result.

I dont know about blocked ports all I know is that all other games multiplayer works just fine.

Win7 Home Premium 64bit, i5-2500, GTX 550Ti 1GB, 8GB RAM, SSD.

I guess it must be windows related, reinstall or something needed :)

anyway thanks for your time and help :thumbup:

25Nov-logs.zip

• ED Team

I asked about the ISP because the last time I dealt with a similar problem the user was away from home and the isp he was using blocked the ports for DCS.

If you have not already try a repair?

Are you using any mods?

Edited by BIGNEWY

• ED Team

Try renaming your DCS.openbeta folder, keep it as a backup as it has your input folder. C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

restart dcs and it will generate a new one, then redo your settings and try to reproduce the issue.

Also have you checked your ports TCP and UDP 10308?

let me know how you get on

Edited by BIGNEWY

BIGNEWY it definitely have to be the ports.

I just checked the renaming of that folder and nothing new... but I am connecting the pieces of memories now in my head and it seems to have something to do not with the 1.2.16 patches but rather the change of the ISP I did around that time.

I will call my ISP tomorrow regarding the ports you mentioned. Will let you know.

thx

I talked to my ISP support guy and he told me that they dont block any ports by intention, but he will check twice. anyway friend of mine suggested me to try 'netstat -o', attached are the results:

1) first netstat cmd shows me connected to the server and in the levitating plane over the runway = 2x ESTABLISHED

2) second netstat shows the same situation but few seconds later = 2x CLOSE_WAIT

3) third netstat shows me kicked for some reason from the server and back in MP lobby = 1x ESTABLISHED

4) forth netstat shows me connected to other server where I wasnt able to Esc and go to the roles selection, I was stacked on the map = 1x CLOSE_WAIT

after that I Ctrl+Alt+Del out of the game..

hope it will be of some help

thx

netstat-o.thumb.jpg.bd252dc2b09d299193d44e78387b048a.jpg