Kh-25ML dives into ground on launch

kingfish

Hi all,

I'm trying to get the Kh-25ML to work properly, and I cannot figure it out. I have followed all of the guides and I'm doing everything to the letter, but even with the laser in designator mode and firing and the circular indicator on the target, the missile leaves the rail and immediately follows an arrow-straight, -45 degree path into the ground. The strange thing is that this happens whether or not the laser is firing, and also whether or not the laser is even powered! I have found that even with the laser system completely off, as soon as I switch to the Kh-25's and uncage the shkval, the circular indicator for the Kh-25 jumps to where my shkval is pointed. This shouldn't be possible, right? There's a pretty good chance I'm just doing it wrong, because all the guides online are rough at best, there's zero documentation on the 25ML in the manual, and the entire HUD is in cyrillic and I don't understand what a lot of the flashing symbols and letters mean.

help?

Thanks

Kingfish

I mostly fly the F-18, and mostly as a flight sim rather than a combat sim.

Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1080, 16gb DDR4 3600, Valve Index

TM Stick/Throttle, Saitek Pedals, VAICOM

This is generally used on high flying, fast moving aircraft. You must have significant altitude to use this weapon on the KA50, at least above 1000m AGL. It gives the missile the time to get speed, as well as gives it some room to drop without hitting the ground.

Reaper6

Edited by Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.