Recon Mission - Editor

It is easy enough to add a Radio command that the Pilot can activate that will get the result you want. I don't know the answer to your question, though.

I might do this --

When the pilot enters a zone around the target, Message to the Pilot to start looking, and include"Use Radio F10 menu to notify your flight that the target is spotted." You could repeat this broadcast every few minutes while the Pilot is in this zone, up until the Pilot use the Radio F10.

Then the Pilot use Radio F10 to report in.

Another way is to make a very small spherical zone over the target and tell the Pilot they have to get within x distance.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

I assume you mean the player and not an AI aircraft doing the spotting.

The feature "Visual Recon mode" would probably work for your purposes. When you "Enable Visual Recon mode" (button press) you get a black crosshair. You place the crosshair on the object to be identified and click.

This adds the identified object to the F10 map where it can be target using other units AND it also sends a radio message.

Using a script you could monitor for recon radio messages and set a flag/variable when a radio message matches the recon pattern. This would give you the coolness of the built-in recon mode and the power of mission scripting.

* Note - I've only just found "Visual Recon Mode" recently. * Update There is a bug in 1.5 Openbeta where the black crosshair disappears behind world geometry. I have made a a bug report on this. You have to be very accurate with the crosshair to get the target recognised and it's too tricky to know exactly where the crosshair is pointing. Would recommend another method until this bug is fixed.

Edited by vicx
* Update

I assume you mean the player and not an AI aircraft doing the spotting.

The feature "Visual Recon mode" would probably work for your purposes. When you "Enable Visual Recon mode" (button press) you get a black crosshair. You place the crosshair on the object to be identified and click.

This adds the identified object to the F10 map where it can be target using other units AND it also sends a radio message.

Using a script you could monitor for recon radio messages and set a flag/variable when a radio message matches the recon pattern. This would give you the coolness of the built-in recon mode and the power of mission scripting.

* Note - I've only just found "Visual Recon Mode" recently. * Update There is a bug in 1.5 Openbeta where the black crosshair disappears behind world geometry. I have made a a bug report on this. You have to be very accurate with the crosshair to get the target recognised and it's too tricky to know exactly where the crosshair is pointing. Would recommend another method until this bug is fixed.

How would that scripting look like? Can anyone give me some pointers, please?

How would that scripting look like? Can anyone give me some pointers, please?

I might have to back pedal on this. I'm looking at a few approaches right now but no wins.

iCommand_ExplorationStart 1616

iCommand_ExplorationCansel 1618

iCommand_ExplorationTargetSelection 1617

Is what I am looking at for the first part.