More AI ATC Q's

WildFire

Ok so we all have come to appreciate the lack of detail put into airfield procedures for DCS. But regardless I'm playing with it to see just how far I can push to get at least close to desired results.

The problem: Place some AI flights around airfield with land waypoint and two flights on ramp with takeoff waypoints. The ATC will allow the ramp flights to takeoff while making the airborne flights wait to land.

The desired result: I want flights to mix, so we have aircraft landing and taking off in mixed traffic. I want the player to see active traffic and have to wait for incoming packages.

The question: How does AI ATC process incoming/outgoing flights? Does it weigh any calculations or make any compares? If there is a lua which define the behavior please point me to it. I want to see if there is a way to force the ATC to stop letting aircraft takeoff so others may land, what calcs are done and how I can levy the simulator against itself to complete my goals.

I will be running some exhaustive tests today to see if I can achieve any better results based on what the incoming AI's fuel loads look like, and so on. If anyone has any knowledge on how to get traffic to mix better I would appreciate it.

Right now I have four incoming flights and 3 outgoing and all 3 outgoing have time to start and taxi and even leave 1 minute gaps between when they taxi and are ready for takeoff and none of the 4 incoming can seem to slot into the frame while takeoffs and taxiing are proceeding. Maybe its just the airbase im at. Thanks for any help!

I know this isn't what you're looking for but it may give you some ideas and might be able to be tweaked a little to your desired use. Not sure as I'm pretty clueless about scripting and LUA language in general. Just trying to learn my way around using them. But earlier this year I found this one LUA script that generated, and is called, random flight plan traffic. I used it in a couple of missions just to liven up the airfields like you are talking about. I always add a bunch of airfield activity into my simplistic missions just for that atmosphere you're talking about. So if you know your way around LUAs you might find it helpful. Just do a search for it here and let us know how you get on.

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria