APU-60-2 launch rails 2 or 4?

mattebubben

First let me clarify.

the APU-60-2 is the "pylon" that allows for twin R-60/R-60M on a single hardpoint.

Atm there is a Limitation where you can only have 2 pylons of each missile type Ie no more then 4x R-60Ms (you cant have 8x R-60Ms or 8x R-60)

The Problem here though is you can bypass the limitation with having 2 pylons with R-60s and 2 pylons with R-60Ms bringing the total number of missiles to 8.

Ive been looking around and ive been unable to find anything pointing towards that 8x R-60 missiles where ever carried as a "viable" armament for mig-21s and my understanding is that they where limited to 1 of the double pylons per wing .

My Question is if being able to get 8 R-60s by Mixing the type of missiles is a bug/glitch or if its intended?

Taking twin is already useless. Plane is a flying brick with 4 missiles. They is no point taking 8 as even a 737 would BFM you.

fully agree Comrad. best is to have 3 radar to IR missiles. The first will put the ennemy in defensive if not kill him, then finish him with the IR. If all goes well of course :)