Desktop Memory - Which one ??

Hello dear community, What would you advise to take Memory, budget 120 $

I look for this one http://amzn.com/B00679QX0O G.Skill RipjawsZ 16GB 2133MHz 4x4GB

Please, if you have other options offer me.

Thanks advanced.

sry for my bad english.

Edited by jomardi

MoBo: P9X79 LE [LGA 2011] ♦ CPU: i7-3930K [6-Core. 3.80GHz] ♦ GPU: 1080Ti OC. 11GB ♦ RAM: 32GB [DDR3. Quad Channel. 1600MHz] ♦ SCREEN: 27"1440p.60Hz ♦ SSD: 512GB [DCS + MSFS] OS: W10. 64bit. pro_ SSD ✈ Hardware: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog ♦ Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals ♦ TracKIR 4 + TrackClip Pro ♦

Father of P-47, F-84, F-105 & A-10 www.alexanderkartveli.com

Since these modules are on the DDR3 2133 Qualified Vendors List (QVL) for your motherboard you can't go wrong on these.

Check the list on Asus website for other brands that have been tested. G.Skill isn't expensive and I'm quite happy with my memory modules from them.

• Like 1

Thanks for feedback.

https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/P9X79/HelpDesk_QVL/ yes, here is in the list, but I'm not well-versed, there is grapha; "Part No." means, that must be Identical When choosing a model, or nothing )) also Only one of which is written "XMP" what is ?

2wpplz5.jpg

And another, someone told me, that much higher MHz is not good for 2011 socket. it's true ? :)

Edited by jomardi

MoBo: P9X79 LE [LGA 2011] ♦ CPU: i7-3930K [6-Core. 3.80GHz] ♦ GPU: 1080Ti OC. 11GB ♦ RAM: 32GB [DDR3. Quad Channel. 1600MHz] ♦ SCREEN: 27"1440p.60Hz ♦ SSD: 512GB [DCS + MSFS] OS: W10. 64bit. pro_ SSD ✈ Hardware: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog ♦ Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals ♦ TracKIR 4 + TrackClip Pro ♦

Much higher Mhz is not good anyway's.

And usually not because it will cause stuff to break.

Just because you won't notice the difference unless specifically benchmarking for it.

Its more useful to spend your money on more RAM rather then faster RAM.

Before we begin, we'd like to make an important remark: overclocking your memory has a much lower effect on the performance of your PC than, say, overclocking your processor or graphics card. Here at Hardware.Info, we have often studied things such as the performance difference between outfitting your PC with DDR3-1600, DDR3-1866, or DDR3-2133 memory. Every time, we concluded that it is practically impossible to determine the difference using benchmarks that are not specifically tailored to memory, let alone to determine if there is a noticeable difference. We would thus recommend that "regular" users purchase more memory rather than faster memory. Hence us always putting affordable DDR3-1600 kits in our PC Advice systems.

Source: http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/5993/workshop-memory-overclocking-get-the-most-out-of-your-modules

Edited by 159th_Falcon
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

XMP means that you can select a pre-defined overclock in the bios. If you search the internet for XMP profile you'll find more information. And there will be also information in the manual from your motherboard.

To me choosing these settings never gave problems, but it is always your own choice to make changes in the bios.

At least Asus shows in their list that they have tested these memory modules for this motherboard.

Whatever your choice, always make sure that you have enough cooling. Monitor temperatures with software like MSI Afterburner or CPUID HWMonitor.

159th_Falcon, hsth, thanks a lot! very helpful.

I have run Corsair Dominator ram for years with great success, have never had any issues related to the ram that I am aware of.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

It's not a joke, its true.

Have a look on this overclocking Review;

http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/3319/ddr3-2666-memory-kit-review-corsair-vs-kingston

PS, would there be a reason that they say on every RAM OC aritcle;

"faster RAM no longer has much of an influence on a PC's general performance"

Or something to that extend.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)