Feel like starting playing online??

Easily solved mate. I think if you turn on radar whilst locking the target in EOS mode you get the "F" on the bottom left side of the HUD as in the last pic I posted. If there is no "F" then ZAP it. LOL

Yes. I noted that in my first post. But also noted that you still have launch authorization and, in the heat of battle, a newbie might not notice the "C" (F) indication on the HUD--nor for that matter think to look down at the MFD a 2nd time and see that the triangle has now become a circle.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

You know, I totally agree with 941st Rage on this subject as it is really frustrating, yet with all this experience, 5 pages and 43 answers to this thread no-one has actually explained the right way to IFF. Yet people are so quick to pull others down. Have you all read the manual from front to back then gone online and never asked questions about something? This is where the vast majority of learning and teaching is done. Commonly known as "Hands On".

All that has transpired is people taking the piss and making comments like RTFM. Now this is ok, but how about explaining what to do and be more positive and I think you will get more people in Hyperlobby and they will not feel so inferior as to come and have a fly in a community that is generally outstanding. But I would summize that the "Noobs" after reading this thread will think: "There is no way I`m going in there"

Could someone please enlighten me and explain what forums are for? To tell others to RTFM? No I don`t think so.

Also the one about the guy who said: "the way to IFF was to see if the missile fired" I know this is not the done thing but it`s not entirely incorrect either. Correct me if I am wrong but in a Russian aircraft if you do lock a friendly the missile will not fire unless you over-ride it? So in a way is this not a form of IFF? As the missile system has identified it as a friendly and will not fire.

Apologise for going on but I`m a great believer in helping others. I know what i was like when i first started and I was taken on board by the 169th. If it hadn`t been for Ice and his team I would still be in there killing friendlies. Prior to this I just had fleeting visits to hyperlobby as I thought no-one really wants to help me in here. I am sure that everyone of you went online before Reading The F****** Manual and made mistakes. So just think back to those days.

Like I said before, with all the experience that has replied to this, not one of us has explained how to do IFF. Interesting thought really. Does that mean we are all just a bunch of Prima Donnas and the big wide world out there may think this and that is probably why our community is so small? Top Tip: IIP - Invest In People. It will pay you dividends.

I bet that made him happy, learn soon will you young padawan

Also be aware of this happening:

I`m in rusky bird I see an ac sneakin and lock it. In the vicinity is a friendly unknown to you. I lose lock on the bad guy and radar will switch to EOS.

Guess what.. it picks up the friendly on EOS and it looks like a bandit on the HUD and on the radar.

Most common mistake is radar slipping back to EOS without the pilot realising. Keep checking the HUD for the "N" to show radar is still illuminating.

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few". - Sir Winston Churchill 1940.

• 8 months later...

Also, checking the debriefing log helps in this matter somewhat. I was accused once of shooting down a friendly but the log proved otherwise.

Although no one bothered looking at it.

P5b-E rev 1.0; E6600@3GHz; Tuniq 120; Kingston Hyperion 2GB; Gigabyte 7600GT Silent Pipe II; WD Raptor 150GB; Vantec 500W PS