The Fighter Collection

The Fighter Collection?

It's run by Nick/Stephen Grey, is based at Duxford, and collects, restores, and displays warbirds.

It rocks. Big time.

http://fighter-collection.com/pages.php

As a kind of sideline or hobby, they run Eagle Dynamics . . . . I don't recall whether they actually technically own the company or not, but it's something along those lines.

If you go back to previous versions of the Lomac/Flanker series, you'll see that Indian trademark on the loading screens and cases.

The Battle Sim is a development of Lomac that ED are trying to flog as professional training software, not just for casual simmers.

They've had some success, IIRC - there's an A-10C training aid based on Lomac in progress, and they're trying to market it as a FAC training aid as well.

Duxford isnt that far from me (10-15 miles I guess), and I regularly see/hear some awesome airframes flying over our house, especially over a bank holiday weekend.

You didn't actually forget to go to Flying Legends last weekend, did you?

Twelve flying Spitfires, all of which were scrambled for the opening event and were beating up the airfield together?

Don't tell me you missed that . . . . . . I'd be forced to post pretty pictures of them ;)

I equate the Battle Sim as the equivalent of the VBS system for Operation flashpoint, but for lockon.

Would be nuce to have a fully integrated hyrbid (soldier vehicle use like VBS/OFP, aircraft ops with lockon (BS standard of course)).

I definitely agree on the integrated game. It has been talked about for a long time and I guess to a certain extent BF2 does do it, though by no means a simulation.

Can only imagine how addictive it would be to come home, login, and take off for a flight in a persistent, massively online war.

Maybe one day! :)

• ED Team

Yeah i've tried the trial. I usually went flying. it was kinda fun, just flying wherever you want and now and then you stumble across huge battles for these cities which works as control points. Tanks on the ground, other planes in the sky....quite a "live world". Sorta like bf 2 on a HUGE scale. :)

So it will not be availible commercialy for a reasonable price?

I keep getting dissapointed lately.

Here I was sitting and thinking that this is going to be a big collections of BS, FC, LOMAC plus some other stuff in one big package :(

:Core2Duo @ 435FSB x 7 3.05GHz : ATI x1900xtx: 2GB Patriot @ 435Mhz : WD 250Gb UATA: Seagate 320Gb SATA2: X-Fi Platinum:

So it will not be availible commercialy for a reasonable price?

I keep getting dissapointed lately.

Here I was sitting and thinking that this is going to be a big collections of BS, FC, LOMAC plus some other stuff in one big package :(

It probably won't be commercially available at all - it's for professional end users.

It's possible that some features might make their way back to the game, though.

Anybody know who does the actual coding?

Is the fighter collection just a marketing wing doing fine tuning for customers of parameters set up by E.D. to allow sales where a Russian company might get looked at sideways, or do they actually do the underlying code themselves?

I just wondered because if E.D. do the code changes themselves at T.F.C.'s request, then we could reasonably expect to see any that add to gameplay / realism released with the consumer version (once they have a reasonable set of legitimately obtained values for any parameters that need setting), but if T.F.C. does it's own code changes & owns the mods then it's less likely - No?

Cheers.

Anybody know who does the actual coding?

Is the fighter collection just a marketing wing doing fine tuning for customers of parameters set up by E.D. to allow sales where a Russian company might get looked at sideways, or do they actually do the underlying code themselves?

I just wondered because if E.D. do the code changes themselves at T.F.C.'s request, then we could reasonably expect to see any that add to gameplay / realism released with the consumer version (once they have a reasonable set of legitimately obtained values for any parameters that need setting), but if T.F.C. does it's own code changes & owns the mods then it's less likely - No?

It is my understanding that ED do all the code. The Fighter Collection deal with commercial aspects, customers, requirements . . . . . so they'll ask ED to develop a specific area.

Whether details developed for specific end-users are included in our game depends largely on whether the customer will permit them to be included ;)

I figured a customer could decline to allow the specific information on a system or it's capabilities provided by them to be released, but the general modeling would belong to E.D.

So - if they were given insider information about EXACTLY how a system works for a particular plane they could set up the model, but couldn't use that untill enough information was in the public domain to do so without accessing that cofidential data - but at least they'd already have the systems they know work well ready to go when that happened.

Cheers.

I figured a customer could decline to allow the specific information on a system or it's capabilities provided by them to be released, but the general modeling would belong to E.D.

So - if they were given insider information about EXACTLY how a system works for a particular plane they could set up the model, but couldn't use that untill enough information was in the public domain to do so without accessing that cofidential data - but at least they'd already have the systems they know work well ready to go when that happened.

In general, if you develop a capability when you're paid to do so by a customer, the rights to that then belong to the customer.

You have to have their permission to use it in any other way.

Of course if the information is in the public domain you can then release it generally . . . . . question is whether it will reach the public domain in the timeframe we'd like it to :P

It's all based on LO anyway - TFC's offering you the use of the software, tailored for your use. I'd be very surprised if the IP didn't stay with E.D. though the specific values fed into the system to tailor it for each customer would stay the property of the buyer.

(E.D.'s in the business of sims - why develop code that is useful generically in flight sims, then sign away the rights & have to re-develop for their main business?)

Cheers.

Nice to read that ED and TFC are still turning their hand to new products like BS and TBS. Makes me think that LOMAC still has a lot of life left in it.

But how about serving something up for this customer, i.e. me: for starters I fancy a nice Harrier GR.7, for the main course I think I’d go for a tasty Jaguar GR.1B and if I still have room I might try and squeeze in a Buccaneer - although I understand that the two-seaters are off the menu.

So come on ED/TFC, how about something for us Brits.

But how about serving something up for this customer, i.e. me: for starters I fancy a nice Harrier GR.7, for the main course I think I’d go for a tasty Jaguar GR.1B and if I still have room I might try and squeeze in a Buccaneer - although I understand that the two-seaters are off the menu

I've had some conversations regarding new aircraft, and yes there is some interest in developing a Harrier in one of the future incarnations.

But sorry Dude, its going to be a US Marine Corps version...

No just kidding about the version (LOL) I mean you Britts were the designers of this AC weren't you??? I remember when I was at my old duty station MCAS Cherry Point, NC, USA, we actually had an RAF Harrier squadron stationed there as well as a US Marine Harrier Squadron...

The NAVAIRS for this bird are not that hard to locate, and if ED finally does decide to make this one a flyable, and since they'er at it they just might create an RAF version as well, who knows??? (HEH)

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I've had some conversations regarding new aircraft, and yes there is some interest in developing a Harrier in one of the future incarnations.

But sorry Dude, its going to be a US Marine Corps version...

No just kidding about the version (LOL) I mean you Britts were the designers of this AC weren't you??? I remember when I was at my old duty station MCAS Cherry Point, NC, USA, we actually had an RAF Harrier squadron stationed there as well as a US Marine Harrier Squadron...

The NAVAIRS for this bird are not that hard to locate, and if ED finally does decide to make this one a flyable, and since they'er at it they just might create an RAF version as well, who knows??? (HEH)

~S~

Blaze

Um.

When was this discussion?

To the best of my knowledge, any additional flyables have to wait for Black Shark, Tank Killers, the F16 sim, and bringing the other fast jets up to that standard . . . . .

Um.

When was this discussion?

To the best of my knowledge, any additional flyables have to wait for Black Shark, Tank Killers, the F16 sim, and bringing the other fast jets up to that standard . . . . .

I'm sorry that I mentioned this, now I'll probably have to answer for it....

Even so there have been other aspects that Ed is considering here then just the ones on your list, and these have been discussed on these forums my good man...

After all nothing as of yet has been cut in stone, we haven't seen any official posting on the front page regarding the next phase (ABS) = After Black Shark (LOL)....

And there was actually a discussion here about another paraelle aircraft that is now under development which might appear in BS....

We'll just have to wait for it......

What ever the case my be, it'll be worth the wait, this is without a doubt the best sim out there, and can only get better with age ....

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR