LGBs veering off at last minute

Capn kamikaze

To elaborate further your SPI (sensor point of interest) is -among other things- the place where the computer assumes you want drop your bombs on and the CCRP is given for that point.

The place where your (current) sensor is pointing to might be different and it usually is if you start moving your TGP around.

So after you have found a target you need to tell the computer that the point your SOI (sensor of interest) is currently looking at should be your new SPI.

Once you've done that all calculations will be updated to reference the new SPI.

Here's what the TAD looked like when you released the GBU (left) and what it should look like (right)

2qnnn81.jpg

In the left picture the green diamond (TGP) is pointing to your target, however the SPI (white wedding cake) is still at its default position, i.e. the current steer point.

Pressing TMS up long (LCtrl up?) will set the SPI to your SOIs target and the cake is on top of the green diamond(right).

Ok, I'll give that a try, but I'm still getting this weird thing with the waypoints being different in the mission editor to where they are in the game.

Ok' date=' I'll give that a try, but I'm still getting this weird thing with the waypoints being different in the mission editor to where they are in the game.[/quote']

What elevation are you assigning to the waypoints?

If they are above ground level your TGP will aim at that point in space and unless you are directly above the WP the line of sight through the WP will hit the ground quite a bit away from the spot directly below the WP.

This video covers the SPI.

[ame]

[/ame]

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

What elevation are you assigning to the waypoints?

If they are above ground level your TGP will aim at that point in space and unless you are directly above the WP the line of sight through the WP will hit the ground quite a bit away from the spot directly below the WP.

I don't think it is that, I rebuilt the mission from scratch and the issue went away, I understand what you're saying, but that wouldn't account for being thousands of feet out only a kilometer or so from the coast on very flat ground, maybe in the hills and mountains, but I can't see that happening where the targets are, anyway as I said, after rebuilding it the problem disappeared, and like I said it wasn't the TGP it was a difference between the actual position of the waypoint in the game and the position in the mission editor.

Edited by Cap'n kamikaze

To elaborate further your SPI (sensor point of interest) is -among other things- the place where the computer assumes you want drop your bombs on and the CCRP is given for that point.

The place where your (current) sensor is pointing to might be different and it usually is if you start moving your TGP around.

So after you have found a target you need to tell the computer that the point your SOI (sensor of interest) is currently looking at should be your new SPI.

Once you've done that all calculations will be updated to reference the new SPI.

Here's what the TAD looked like when you released the GBU (left) and what it should look like (right)

2qnnn81.jpg

In the left picture the green diamond (TGP) is pointing to your target, however the SPI (white wedding cake) is still at its default position, i.e. the current steer point.

Pressing TMS up long (LCtrl up?) will set the SPI to your SOIs target and the cake is on top of the green diamond(right).

Thanks for the clear explanation. Even though (I think) I know how to drop LGB's your explanation is one of the best.

Also note that if you perform a laser spot search (LSS), your SPI will be moved to the steerpoint. If for example, you have your TGP as SPI generator and a JTAC lazes a target and you search, your TGP may find the spot..... but you will not be performing a ballistic release on that laser spot unless you make the TGP as SPI, or your current steerpoint is right on the target.