[Mi-8MTV2] "Vasilissa the Beautiful" HD Cockpit

Hello all,

I would like to present my HD retexturing of the gorgeous Mi-8 cockpit. This started as a hobby project around 6 months ago and has been evolving steadily as my skills in PS and AI increase. The new translation is based on the TM 1-1520-Mi-17-10 manual, although in some cases I used quite a bit of artistic freedom.

Features:

- HD texturing (4096x4096)

- New english translation

- Entirely redrawn HD gauges (lines + text)

- Faux 3D effects

- Faux glass effects on indicators

- New alpha channels

- Russian Blue, Dark Gray and Light Gray variants

- New annunciator light effect

- Windshield dirt and wiper effect

- Dirt and scratches

- New rivets , screws

- Central panel texts without annoying "jagged edge"-effect

- Gallery / Imgur

- Gallery2 / Imgur

To-Do Features (subject to change)

- Rework the damaged glass textures (HD)

- Rework the switch bases (HD) DONE

- Rework the windshield DONE

- Specular and Normal map implementation

- ESBR-3P/A Control box translation DONE

- PKV Sight renumbering DONE

- Russian texts ( I need a russian guy with a PhotoShop for this)

Known issues:

- Central panel texts alpha channel (red light) not working (this is a side-effect of removing the jagged edges of the original texture)

- Specular and Normal maps not working yet = textures look flat

Disclaimer:

I claim only the moral right to be acknowledged as the author/artist behind this modification and as such ask that no mirror download files would be created. No ownership of the original or these modified files is implied or stated. All stock images/files used were freeware or copyright free, however if you recognise such an image or part thereof I will do my best to remove it from this mod as quickly as possible. I'll try to keep working on this (slowly) but no guarantees are given.

Credits:

This work is based on Belsimteks and the original artists work who created the standard texture. Thank you for the great model and textures. I extend my gratitude to Uboats whose .edm extraction tool for the description.lua file was essential also.Also, thanks to Google for providing me with hundreds of free source files and a semiworking Russian-to-English helper. I want to thank also Yuya6104 and EntropySG for testing this. Their keen eyes spotted several issues and errors that were fixed before release.Lastly but not least Devrim and his original english translation helped me save at least 2 months of work with the annunciator lights and the corresponding dds file. Without his work it would have been incredibly slow to find which annunciator corresponds to which in the TM 1-1520-Mi-17-10 manual. Thank you all *bows

DOWNLOAD:

BLUE

GRAY

LIGHTGRAY

Packs updated:

6.5. Hotfix Central DASH GVRN Panel updated

17.6. v1.1 Central panel switch bases redone + LightGray color variant

8.7 Patched for 1.5.4 compatibility

3.8 Patched central panel R863 Number alpha channel mismatch

VasilissaBlue.thumb.jpg.c97e186152b11b095502650bb77c5e0c.jpg

VasilissaGray.thumb.jpg.6741edfaaed9eb756ef6d3ad5103d261.jpg

20160505231224_1.thumb.jpg.fb8df8456aa468781725185fa0fab8b7.jpg

20160505231237_1.thumb.jpg.f3d077f38ca4e6bbcd2365d3e52bb3cc.jpg

20160505231241_1.thumb.jpg.4e46340193267a95675dff708ee84e02.jpg

20160505231253_1.thumb.jpg.4fd2c7402455a6e7e3995e3e86416d26.jpg

20160505231414_1.thumb.jpg.0ea7f8095e7a7b4203bd9a8a33cc70ac.jpg

20160505231435_1.thumb.jpg.fd8e34cec2db40674e8c12d9ac12aaa2.jpg

20160505231509_1.thumb.jpg.e2ffa5111848a7344e88ce45dfe7e220.jpg

VasilissaLightGray.thumb.jpg.5f469c4aa98f497f91426a9fb5732acc.jpg

Edited by DirtyFret
  • Like 4

Just for the record, next time I would suggest choosing daytime conditions for making preview shots. It's hard to judge whether the texture mod is worth downloading, when it's so dark You can barely see the textures :D.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I have sent the texture packs to two volunteers now (you know who are, thanks :thumbup:) for testing. I am hoping to get this ready for release in one week or soon tm :smilewink:

Just for the record, next time I would suggest choosing daytime conditions for making preview shots. It's hard to judge whether the texture mod is worth downloading, when it's so dark You can barely see the textures :D.

That is actually a very good and constructive point, thanks. I have added a Gallery2 and a few shots as attachment to the first post. New shots with both cockpit dome lights on, should be brighter and more clear now. I think the Steam screenshot function somehow darkens the screenshots as I don't think they look too dark in game.

Thank you mate! That's a great project and there's a hard work here. And it was the time that somebody re-work on this cockpit.

By the way, if I knew you were working on this project I'd love to send my all PS files. Maybe they would more help for you (still I can).

Thanks again!

• Like 1

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

looking good

can you add some worn out textures ?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

WOW it's INCREDIBLE !!!!!!

For me it's the same quality of the A-10C's cockpit of Ricardo.

One MUST to HAVE...

After the cockpit of Ricardo never I've seen one so beautiful and awesome cockpit.

DirtyFret it's really incredible, with your Mod I have want again to fly with my Mi-8.

I wait with impatience the official release, thanks for this future sharing.

Skull.

Edited by Skulleader

Thanks you all for the kind words. I hope you will like it as much in-game. Just letting you know that I am fixing/troubleshooting some (minor) issues with the textures that the testers found and barring any suprise findings(major issue) we are on schedule to release soon.

Thank you mate! That's a great project and there's a hard work here. And it was the time that somebody re-work on this cockpit.

By the way, if I knew you were working on this project I'd love to send my all PS files. Maybe they would more help for you (still I can).

Thanks again!

Thanks Devrim. Maybe we can work together on a Russian version of this.

WOW it's INCREDIBLE !!!!!!

For me it's the same quality of the A-10C's cockpit of Ricardo.

One MUST to HAVE...

After the cockpit of Ricardo never I've seen one so beautiful and awesome cockpit.

DirtyFret it's really incredible, with your Mod I have want again to fly with my Mi-8.

I wait with impatience the official release, thanks for this future sharing.

Skull.

Thanks skull and I am humbled by your comparison. I personally feel that the maestro RICARDOs art and skill level are on a whole different (higher) level. His textures are so polished yet lively it is astonishing.

• Like 1

+1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

The textures are out, pls check 1st post.

I want to thank Yuya6104 and EntropySG for testing this. Their keen eyes spotted several issues and errors that were fixed. No FPS drop was reported, 1.5.3 compatible, SP and MP compatible.

Despite a good pretest and because there are tens of layers and hundreds of components per DDS file there still might be some lingering errors/typos. If you find issues and errors please post here or PM me. Also, if someone would give this a go in 2.02 and NTTR and share his/hers experience I'd be delighted and grateful.

Enjoy responsibly.

--Dirty

WOW super, congratulation for this incredible work.

I've tested your blue cockpit and I love it, it's super !!!!

Please I have a little question concerning the two cercle, your letters and numbers are inside the right circle, is it possible to change this ?

Here a little screenshot of these circles:

Mi-8.jpg

Once again it's really super, thanks for this great work and this sharing !!!

Thumbs_21.gif

Bye, Skull.

Great that you enjoy it Skull :thumbup:

Good find, I dont know how I have missed that. *facepalm. I took the time and gave it a little face lift and also tuned the texts and positioning to better match the TSMO-Mi-17 manual :D

p.s. Now those switch bases hit my eye like gravel. I might have to redo them also for the v1.1

knkkG5i.jpg

Packs updated on the 1st post.

Here is a Hotfix for those who have downloaded the packs already

GRAY

BLUE

Regards

--Dirty

I have a full set (mostly full?) of these in English and I'll see if I can help you. I'm currently sorting through them on my floor. ;)

But just for general purposes... The "LH" and RH" are sort of redundant on the governor panel, as they are already labeled above as left or right. I would personally suggest dropping the "LH" and "RH" and renaming "TEST" to "FT", since again, the word "TEST" is redundant. In other words, I'd label them "FT1" on top (both engines) and "FT2" on the bottom. Also, for examnple, "EMER PWR" is usually just labeled "CP" for contingency power.

EDIT: Can't find a panel in my collection for the governor panel, although I seem to have just about everything else (sans armament). I'll take a picture of one on Monday and see how you like it.

26582444240_f09609d1d4_b.jpg

Edited by AlphaOneSix

Excellent work! Lot easier to work with when the switches are in english.

Is it possible to change the window frames to gray like the panels aft in the cockpit? The green/blue looks a bit out of place when the rest is gray/black.

i7 6700K @ 4.6, GTX1070, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200

TM Warthog on Monstertech, TrackIR5, Lenovo Explorer, MFG Crosswind.

Good find, I dont know how I have missed that. *facepalm. I took the time and gave it a little face lift and also tuned the texts and positioning to better match the TSMO-Mi-17 manual

Super,

Thanks for your fast fix it's really super and once again your cockpit is awesome and so beautiful.

For me the must to have for any fans of the Mi-8...

Best regards, Skull.

Oh my god! That is sheer beauty right there, truly well done! My words don't even begin to describe my awe!

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Great!!! Thanks ;)

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.