Quick Bombing Guide

Mr_Burns

Guys,

Ive managed the A2A kills.

Now I just cannot seem to get a CCIP target reticle on target in anything other than a vertical dive.

I also cannot get any cross hairs to select a target so I can plan a CCRP.

What I can do it turn on the radar to EW, select A2G, try and follow the manual page 101 but cant seem to get anything, my release reticle is virtical dive only, rhe rocket pipper never moves and nothing shows up on radar!

Could anyone give me a heads up on the process?

Thanks

Radar is air-to-air only, so it won't show any ground targets.

CCIP/CCRP depends on the weapon - you get CCRP mode for LGBs, Mk-82. You get CCIP for Mk-82 Snakeeyes and cluster bombs.

When you are in CCRP mode you'll know it because your FPM/VVI will disappear and be replaced by a fixed diamond at the boresight. Fly the diamond over your target point and press the target lock button, and it'll become a cross at the designated point (more or less; doesn't seem especially accurate) and the diamond will remain at the top of the HUD.

Then, pull up and fly towards the point and a horizontal line will walk up the bomb fall line. Pull the trigger when it reaches the diamond and off the bombs go. "Consent to release" mechanics are not yet implemented - which would automatically release the bombs at the required time - so you've just got to time it.

For CCIP, you don't have the special 5/9 or 5mil mode the A-10C has, which allows you to designate a point that's nowhere near where the bombs will actually land. So you either need to be quite low, or in a very steep dive. I think the CCIP mode in the Mirage is designed primarily for (very) low-level attacks. I think the manual suggests a 20 degree dive angle for good results, which implies starting the attack from pretty low altitude.

Thanks for that - timing...im trying unlimited MK82 dropping 5 at a time and cant hit a load of APC! But thanks for the heads up, at least im seeing the target lock on the horizontal bar, wonder if it now has something to do with setting my altitude....

OK, CCIP practice time.....

I have managed to consistently overshoot my targets using CCRP with MK82's. This could be attributed to the designation point not being accurate in the first place or just poor timing on my behalf.

The CCIP with snakeyes should be renamed to SuicideIP mode. As nomdeplume rightly stated, you need to start your attack run pretty low and fast to get the pipper to show up in time for any chance of a release. Start too high and shallow and you will most likely release too high and the snakeye will drift well off target by the time it reaches mother earth.

I hope we get some auto-release on the CCRP as I managed to get 1/8 kills on a fuel truck so far (MK82'a) and 2/8 kills using CCIP and snakeyes.

The A2G cannon pipper is either seriously porked or I have really bad luck with French aircraft :-)

CCIP/CCRP depends on the weapon - you get CCRP mode for LGBs, Mk-82. You get CCIP for Mk-82 Snakeeyes and cluster bombs.

I still have to try AtoG...

You say CCIP only for Snakeyes and clusters? It should also work for low drag bomb drops in dives between 30 and 60 degrees without problem isn´t it?

I still have to try AtoG...

You say CCIP only for Snakeyes and clusters? It should also work for low drag bomb drops in dives between 30 and 60 degrees without problem isn´t it?

No.

Low drag bomb = CCRP

High drag bomb = CCIP

That's it.

Don't forget to select TAS on PCA's first line to get radar AG ranging.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

No.

Low drag bomb = CCRP

High drag bomb = CCIP

That's it.

Don't forget to select TAS on PCA's first line to get radar AG ranging.

Maybe you didn´t understand me.

What I´m saying is that CCIP should work with low drag bombs too (diving at 30/60 degrees nose down). We should be able to see the piper and make a bomb release. CCIP shouldn´t be limited to high drag bombs.

Maybe you didn´t understand me.

What I´m saying is that CCIP should work with low drag bombs too (diving at 30/60 degrees nose down). We should be able to see the piper and make a bomb release. CCIP shouldn´t be limited to high drag bombs.

No.

Jojo is right. This is the way the real aircraft works - according to the devs ... and also according to the RL flight manual.

Yes - it is a bit strange and I also don't really get the thinking of the french engineers that designed it this way, but it is what it is ... :o)

For CCIP bombing you MUST move the seat up. (please see the manual for the key).

The piper is below the nose and usually cannot be seen unless you are in a steep dive, but if you move the seat up it will become visible.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

No.

Jojo is right. This is the way the real aircraft works - according to the devs ... and also according to the RL flight manual.

Yes - it is a bit strange and I also don't really get the thinking of the french engineers that designed it this way, but it is what it is ... :o)

Well... then thanks for the info.

I have managed to consistently overshoot my targets using CCRP with MK82's. This could be attributed to the designation point not being accurate in the first place or just poor timing on my behalf.

[..]

The A2G cannon pipper is either seriously porked or I have really bad luck with French aircraft :-)

It seems the CCRP piper is not very accurate and also drifting, which makes an accurate dumb bomb delivery difficult - not really a surprise I might say given the A/C's primary mission. I guess Mk82 delivery should be limited to area effect (soft targets or buildings).

For accurate bombing => GBU-12 and buddy lasing.

A-G gun piper bug has been reported already.

For CCIP bombing you MUST move the seat up. (please see the manual for the key).

The piper is below the nose and usually cannot be seen unless you are in a steep dive, but if you move the seat up it will become visible.

Good to know!

Also, for the time being, use the radar altimeter for ranging. The radar ranging (TAS) seems to be having problems.

For radar altimeter ranging, click on the radar altimeter and click on the RS button (the one next to TAS) in the armament panel.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

By clicking, do you mean to just enable it? (Switch on the HUD)

You also need to select "RS" on the PCA ("TAS" is for radar ranging).

Question about CCRP:

Is there a way to slew the A-G CCRP piper? At the moment no but I'm wondering if that's an existing/planned feature.