TGP to steerpoint problem

v2tec

Sometimes I have a problem with focusing TGP to the steerpoint.

What I have done:

1. select the steerpoint

2. press china hat back (long)

3. the TGP diamond is displayed over the steerpoint (TAD MFD), so everything is how it should be

Now the problem, that happens in some missions / at some steerpoints:

When I make the TGP SOI and move the cursor, the diamond pops out to somewhere. It is even not visible on the map. When I move the cursor long enough it sometimes gets visible, scrolling in from the top of the map view.

Edited by v2tec

________________________ ________ ______ ___ __ _

Win10 64 Pro, i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, 32 GB (DDR4), Asus Aorus 1080 TI WF, TrackIR 5 / RIFT, Thrustmaster Warthog, Fanatec Pedals, 55" oled 4k TV, Modules:A10C, KA-50, Huey, AV-8B, FA-18, F-16, NTTR, Persian Gulf

_ __ ___ ____ _____ ______ _______ ____________

TMS Aft Long sets your SPI to the Steerpoint

When you move the cursor with the TGP as SOI, yes the diamond will jump to wherever the camera is pointed which could be off the map on the TAD

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

You are probably looking for TMS forward long. Also, if the waypoints have altitude above groundlevel, the TGP will stare straight through the waypoint and into the ground far away, hence you will see no targets.

Also, take a look in the lower left side of the HUD, there you will see either STPT or TDC as an indication to what is the TGP sensor designator. This is described at pages 400-401 in the manual

Edited by millmax