How to reset default cockpit view.

HI guys, I've been playing around with moving the camera to try and get a better default starting view in the A-10c cockpit and then saving it as the snap view. Unfortunately I seem to have gotten it all screwed up and seems way zoomed out. Is there a way to reset the default cockpit camera view? Or any good view setups out there as a starting point? Thanks in advance, Jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

Go to your saved games/DCSXXX/ Config folder and delete the view folder. That will return all cockpit views to default.

Does that mean any and all files for DCS that are placed in the saved games folders will always be called upon first when the game loads and not be overwritten by updates or new installations or repairs?

Does the DCS saved games folders include all the same folders found in the main DCS installation?

Thank you.

Does that mean any and all files for DCS that are placed in the saved games folders will always be called upon first when the game loads and not be overwritten by updates or new installations or repairs?

Does the DCS saved games folders include all the same folders found in the main DCS installation?

Thank you.

The files in the saved games folder will not be changed by updates or repairs or new installations. The saved games folder does not include all the same folders found in the main installation but rather only the files that reflect changes made by the user that are within the options menu including key mapping, graphic options, snap views, etc. It's easy to see what is in the saved games folder with a quick look. Often times problems can be resolved by simply renaming the saved games DCS xxxx folder and letting DCS build a new one.

Thank you blooze...any suggestions on setting up a good default view?

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

The files in the saved games folder will not be changed by updates or repairs or new installations. The saved games folder does not include all the same folders found in the main installation but rather only the files that reflect changes made by the user that are within the options menu including key mapping, graphic options, snap views, etc. It's easy to see what is in the saved games folder with a quick look. Often times problems can be resolved by simply renaming the saved games DCS xxxx folder and letting DCS build a new one.

Thanks for the response.

If I were to mod a sound file for example or any other file and put that moded file into an exact folder structure in saved games like the DCS installation would that moded file be run instead of the file from the DCS installation?

If that would work then I wouldn't need to use JSGME [which is a convenient program]

Thanks for the response.

If I were to mod a sound file for example or any other file and put that moded file into an exact folder structure in saved games like the DCS installation would that moded file be run instead of the file from the DCS installation?

If that would work then I wouldn't need to use JSGME [which is a convenient program]

Although someone may find a way to do what you are proposing it isn't possible now AFAIK.

Thank you blooze...any suggestions on setting up a good default view?

What I do with the A-10C pit is 1. enter the pit (you will be in F1 view by default) but do not change any views at this point. 2. With TrackIR activated, move in whatever directions that are needed to obtain the desired view and seat position and then pause Track IR. With TrackIR paused in the desired view position, hit RHT ALT+NUM0 to save that F1 view. Unpause TrackIR and it should be saved as desired. It may take a few tries but it works for me, within limitations of course. Make sure that whatever position you choose, all of the HUD content remains visible within the HUD frame.

• Thanks 1

Brilliant blooze. Thank you

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules