F-15c drag and weight

humptydumpty

Because of the rudder use during take off I have rolled so many times onto the wings and crashed.

Even if i don't use the rudder the automation system is not centering her. But during the flight an extreme maneuvering I have not noticed the center ball getting misaligned.

Other than these issues I have not noticed anything else.

I have almost taken her to the extremes using 170kts on 60-70 aob and the bird shudders good fun.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The crosswinds on most MP servers I've flown on cause an extreme amount of yawing during take off during the ground roll. Maintaining runway heading after rotation is very difficult. You can only apply a tiny amount of rudder which can be difficult. The best way I've found to compensate is slight differential thrust once yaw is noticed. Keep in mind, if you have split throttles and they are not in sync when you ramp up it will induce yaw.

The weight is only really an issue while trying to climb, which becomes easier as a by product of burning fuel while climbing. Once you're level the real issue with the tanks is drag, which is lower at altitude. The drag will affect acceleration more so than top speed, and speed is what you need to maneuver. Thrust is pretty much constant (though improved as you actually get faster) as long as you have any fuel, which will eventually get you to a desired speed to maneuver and also grants you lift against gravity (the part where weight matters). Any of your "hard" maneuvers from altitude are generally into a dive, which as you might guess converts to speed. So your argument basically boils down to why are the Eagle's engines just better than the Flanker's.

In RL When you carry wings fuel tanks you need know the limit G's load to do such maneuvers. The frame/wings can be serious damage if you over G's the max limit with such configuration. I don't think this is implemented at this moment. The roll must be affected by the extra wing load and the acceleration must be decreased with this configuration.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In RL When you carry wings fuel tanks you need know the limit G's load to do such maneuvers.

The OWS tells you how many g's you're allowed to pull right on the HuD.

The frame/wings can be serious damage if you over G's the max limit with such configuration. I don't think this is implemented at this moment.
Not for F-15's, or for Su-27's.

The roll must be affected by the extra wing load and the acceleration must be decreased with this configuration.
It is and it is, but realize that the F-15 already deliberately slows down the roll for the pilot: Where the F-15 can roll at >400 deg/s, the CAS tries to keep the roll to 250 deg/s unless there is not enough airspeed or the AoA is too high.

You can compare acceleration to -1 charts for F-15A/C with CFTs at 62000lbs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

In RL When you carry wings fuel tanks you need know the limit G's load to do such maneuvers. The frame/wings can be serious damage if you over G's the max limit with such configuration. I don't think this is implemented at this moment. The roll must be affected by the extra wing load and the acceleration must be decreased with this configuration.

Yes this is true. and ACCORDING TO MY SME any high alpha or high G manuvering you would DROP the tanks before hand.

Second up high in RL and in this SIM you cannot pull 9G's there is not enough air density to allow this. So to that in the upper 40s you're not going to be able to pull enough G's to damage the airframe. The only time you're going to generate enough Speed and G's with 3tanks would be during a dive and you're in the 25,000ft range or less!

Roll rate is not a concern with the f15 as GG stated. With CAS you're limited to around half what the bird truly is capable of and adding wing tanks will still not deduct enough off roll rate to be below the CAS limit!

I suggest either A. you start bringing to bare documented evidence by an accredited publication or B. you stop posting in this forum cause you're just going NO WHERE with anything you type!

• Like 1

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

But did you learn some stuff? :)

I know about flying :) I have training.

Oh you meant the F-15 ? Hmmm well still a bit complicating but will get there.

But not about the damn yaw during take off I again crashed almost 10 times damn. She is not ready to stay in the center. I will check the document for that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

But not about the damn yaw during take off I again crashed almost 10 times damn. She is not ready to stay in the center. I will check the document for that.

I think your yaw issue is more the fact your rudder pedals are overly sensitive.

Try using slight toe brake pressure to correct your centering.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

I think your yaw issue is more the fact your rudder pedals are overly sensitive.

Try using slight toe brake pressure to correct your centering.

Hmm I am using a handheld rudder actually a broken joystick which has a throttle too so I control both together but Yes I can assign the toe brake keys to it like I have done for the 109.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

Yes I mean the F-15, it has some pretty interesting devices onboard that do fun things for you (ie. you probably noticed it keeps the ball centered for you :) )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Yes I mean the F-15, it has some pretty interesting devices onboard that do fun things for you (ie. you probably noticed it keeps the ball centered for you :) )

I am still on the start of docs :) covering both the 21 and the 15

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

Woo, gotta love the fact mr Pepin here gives me Negative rep with the statement "He ask for real evidence and he bring nothing to the table"

Pepin I have NEWS FOR YOU! what I said was STRAIGHT FROM AN ACTUAL F15c Pilot. You can ask SDschorch, Sinus, SWEEP that can CONFIRM to you that I am not talking out of my ARSE. BTW what about the Picture I posted of my TEXT message conversation with him!

You've been repeated told by many people on this forum to bring documented evidance to support your claims yet you don't. I bring to you the words of a person who has actualy flown this plane in real life!

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]