F-15c drag and weight

humptydumpty

I did a small test yesterday late evening after reaching home.

Took the Eagle and went on AB at around 500 AGL ( I love flying low and very fast) and then pulled her straight into a climb where the lovely girl kept saying over G over G and I blanked out for 5-8 seconds and when I came around my altitude was FL200 wow in just 10-15 seconds she climbed up around 19,500 ft on a clean load out this is a strong thrust / weight ratio.

BTW I have noticed some movements on the front of the wings are those Canards ?

I am using a sound Mod for the eagle from lockon. It's a new sound mod.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More proof for our friend that thinks the eagle can't do anything.

I just realized he hinted that the f15 could do it with out even being in Afterburn.

So it would be wise for you to just go hide back in the Russian corner cause the boogyman f15 at 47,000ft had it's eye on you! :P

You never do mention what time take to get this altitude, if the fuel tanks were empty, in what distance they take this altitude???

Ask to your friend if he make combat with 3 fuel tanks, just after take off like the F-15 boys performs in our Sim, also add and say we can turn and runaway with this configuration.

So when you see this performance, we can see what our current F-15 flight model can do to stay longer in combat, thanks to the great and fantastic combat performance with Fuel tanks (plenty of fuel). Just like the Flanker do with his amazing internal fuel capacity. Nothing real for our F-15.

We need feel the heavy weight of this fuel tanks in combat. The pilot in DCS must feel the need to eject this fuel tanks to go into hard maneuvers. This is not happening in DCS, and it is an important realistic feature. For real...

Edited by pepin1234
  • Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@pepin1234

why not contact the USAF an Eagle Sqdn they will put all these matters to rest if they care to respond.

This is a simulator and they are developed according to the documentation recv.

I feel you show some evidence as stated many times by others else let it go.

BTW guys I am using headphones during flights I am wondering what audio percentage would be good.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

You never do mention what time take to get this altitude, if the fuel tanks were empty, in what distance they take this altitude???

Why don't you compare to the -1 time-to-climb charts instead, using the climb technique they describe there? Then you'll know. You can also compare to the sustained g charts at certain altitudes. All you need to know is the gross weight (you do know it, right?) and make sure your speed is correct for the comparison. For the climb, you just need to fly the correct schedule.

So when you see this performance, we can see what our current F-15 flight model can do to stay longer in combat, thanks to the great and fantastic combat performance with Fuel tanks (plenty of fuel). Just like the Flanker do with his amazing internal fuel capacity. Nothing real for our F-15.
Actually we see that the F-15 performance is correct.

We need feel the heavy weight of this fuel tanks in combat. The pilot in DCS must feel the need to eject this fuel tanks to go into hard maneuvers. This is not happening in DCS, and it is an important realistic feature. For real...
Real F-15s train for and routinely completely intercepts with two tanks all the time. And they don't drop them usually.
Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Ask to your friend if he make combat with 3 fuel tanks, just after take off like the F-15 boys performs in our Sim, also add and say we can turn and runaway with this configuration.

I just knew you would come back and move some goalposts. So now it's not max altitude now that is the problem but time to altitude and/or maneuverability. This is becoming ridiculous, this guy is ignoring sources and spreading misinformation based on nothing but his say so. He is also intentionally changing the subject instead of retorting. Worst part is that I feel sorry for people like him, who refuse to admit they are wrong or misinformed, and refuse to learn from others, forever to be limited by their bruised egos and their superior "intellect". Is there an ignore function on these here forums?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

He's trolling this thread. Obviously he's going to deny it, all trolls do to get more lulz. I waited until he came back and re-posted. Now it is blatant.

The Sad Truths of Internet Trolls (http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/weirdwebculture/f/what-is-an-internet-troll.htm):

1) Trolls are immune to criticism and logical arguments. True trolls cannot be reasoned with, regardless of how sound your logical argument is.

2) Trolls do not feel remorse like you and me. They have sociopathic tendencies, and accordingly, they delight in other people having hurt feelings.

3) Trolls consider themselves separate from the social order.

4) Trolls do not abide by etiquette or the rules of common courtesy.

5) Trolls consider themselves above social responsibility.

6) Trolls gain energy by you insulting them.

7) Trolls gain energy when you get angry.

8) The only way to deal with a troll is to ignore him, or take away his ability to post online.

I'm sorry ironmaiden that your post/thread was hijacked.

[sIGPIC]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/JINX1391/jinx%20f99th%20sig_zps2hgu4xsl.png[/sIGPIC]

"90% of the people who actually got to fly the F/A-18C

module there (E3 2017) have never even heard of DCS

or are otherwise totally undeserving pieces of trash."

-Pyromanic4002

I'm not sure you've even flown the F-15, because 3 tanks is like flying with a tank glued to the bottom of the plane. Simply go up to 50000 ft or whatever and pull a Split S. Do it with 3 tanks then do it with none. See the very obvious difference and lack of 3 tank performance.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

If you're flying the F-15 in combat with bags on you're doing it wrong. If you think you get the same performance out of the jet you're either ignorant or delusional.

Well some issues using the rudder during takeoff I try to maintain the center line but she will go on her wings and slide :(

I watched the Raytheon Video the maneuvering is pretty close.

Made my own headtracking :)

Edited by humptydumpty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

You mean you use rudder and you cause the plane to roll onto a wing? :)

You might need a little curve in the rudder so you can control it better. Also keep in mind that right now the ARI can take over rudder input, so if you're deflecting the stick under certain conditions, it might override your rudder input.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

You might need a little curve in the rudder so you can control it better. Also keep in mind that right now the ARI can take over rudder input, so if you're deflecting the stick under certain conditions, it might override your rudder input.

Yes roll onto a wing

I have set the curves to 30.

Yes that damn auto thing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

Are you trying to take off with some kind of insane crosswind? :)

Nah , I am on a MP server which I doubt has any wind component at all. But I increased the curves and she feels much better. Will be taking her up once I finish dinner and do some stunts with the flankers good fun.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

I still don't know what the problem is?

The problem was there was no noticeable drag due to the left gear which was stuck but I think that has been resolved.

No major issues though. just small tiny stuff here and there. flying too many different birds causes that :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

The weight is only really an issue while trying to climb, which becomes easier as a by product of burning fuel while climbing. Once you're level the real issue with the tanks is drag, which is lower at altitude. The drag will affect acceleration more so than top speed, and speed is what you need to maneuver. Thrust is pretty much constant (though improved as you actually get faster) as long as you have any fuel, which will eventually get you to a desired speed to maneuver and also grants you lift against gravity (the part where weight matters). Any of your "hard" maneuvers from altitude are generally into a dive, which as you might guess converts to speed. So your argument basically boils down to why are the Eagle's engines just better than the Flanker's.

If one strut is FULLY extended, there shouldn't be much drag. If the lower strut is still rotated, there should be considerable drag.

I had the whole left remaining out. I will try some test runs once I finish with the Mig21.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

I had the whole left remaining out. I will try some test runs once I finish with the Mig21.

Ok, I can't answer your question for a 100% certainty.. How ever.. A member on this forum asked me to ask my SME contact [an actual eagle driver] in regards if when the landing gear was extended if he would be able to know[feel] it.. My SME's response to this was that you would not know the gear was down by feel or notice any type of speed/throttle response. How ever he said you could most defiantly know it was down due to fuel burn rates.

He went to say that the engines in the Eagle are so powerful it's just impressive. He went on to state that the 8ftx3ft board[airbrake] does not work. that the engines were powerful enough that they would just push that board down and the hydralic system could not raise it while under power[keep in mind the engines didn't push them down it, it is due to air flow due to the engines still accelerating the plane].

So for the most part your question in regards to trim. Well this is me stating what I think is happening.. You gear is not causing a weight imbalance thus it should not err will not affect roll.. The gear is more center line then thus it would affect yaw slightly but nothing the cas should not be able to compensate for. Thus you for the most part should only see the gear down in a fuel burn.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

This is something I brought up in a previous thread. The ARI should be disabled when landing with weight on wheels (WOW) at ground speed over 50 knots. Is it also disabled on takeoff IRL? It doesn't appear to be the case with the current FM which leads to the jet hunting left and right on the runway. Is this a known bug or considered to be correct?

Ok, I can't answer your question for a 100% certainty.. How ever.. A member on this forum asked me to ask my SME contact [an actual eagle driver] in regards if when the landing gear was extended if he would be able to know[feel] it.. My SME's response to this was that you would not know the gear was down by feel or notice any type of speed/throttle response. How ever he said you could most defiantly know it was down due to fuel burn rates.

He went to say that the engines in the Eagle are so powerful it's just impressive. He went on to state that the 8ftx3ft board[airbrake] does not work. that the engines were powerful enough that they would just push that board down and the hydralic system could not raise it while under power[keep in mind the engines didn't push them down it, it is due to air flow due to the engines still accelerating the plane].

So for the most part your question in regards to trim. Well this is me stating what I think is happening.. You gear is not causing a weight imbalance thus it should not err will not affect roll.. The gear is more center line then thus it would affect yaw slightly but nothing the cas should not be able to compensate for. Thus you for the most part should only see the gear down in a fuel burn.

Was probably what happened, because of the engine thrust being powerful it's possible that it compensated for the that effect.

About the airbrakes also does not slow down much.

TRim ?? I didn't have problems with the trim the eagle trims itself.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC