First try whit 3d printer

linden

Looks good :)

u might add a couple of layers more on the top, to cover those holes.... if they still exist, you might have the top layer extrusion width set too low, so it starts melting the plastics.

The trickness of layers can also do that if its too small, and the temperature too high.

and the "Elephant foot" you have at the bottom is the first layer height, and width, but be carefull, when you think you get really good prints, you are very close to the print not sticking to the bed very well. Also if you have a heated bed, lowering that temp can help make the foot smaller :)

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

Must be very slow to print one piece... I can't see this as something you could use for mass scale (if you want to start selling them). Am I right? How long does it take to print that one piece? To make your own parts seems perfectly viable (which I am thinking about also for much later on if VR doesn't catch on).

No longer active in DCS...

Kuky that depends on the machine, but you say that you cant see this as something to use for mass scale, and i would say you are wrong, of course again it depends on what market you appeal to.

For this market, i dont see any problems, and it dosnt take as long to print things as you think, but this again depends on the size and quality of the piece.

I can of course only speak for myself.. but the 3D printer makes it possible for me to make Products at a much less cost, than if i had to find other solutions.

Regards.

LynxDK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Instagram

Is that the Velleman K8400? Do you like it or not?

I'm about to buy a 3D printer myself but can't decide for which model to chose.

yes its the k8400 its my fist 3d printer, so i raly dont know mutch about itsmile.gif

But i like this one, it takes alot of time to put i toghter, but then its was little settings and allingment and it was good to go.

Think i need more time before a can say if its good or bad.

yes its the k8400 its my fist 3d printer, so i raly dont know mutch about itsmile.gif

But i like this one, it takes alot of time to put i toghter, but then its was little settings and allingment and it was good to go.

Think i need more time before a can say if its good or bad.

Yes, the build and alignment process is something that I don't like. Not that I don't think I'm gonna make it - just that as my second child is about to arrive in a month or so, the time available for hobbies is limited. So I am currently looking for pre-built machines.

But, the ones like this has some upsides, with a large community and many upgrades available. Need to give it some more thought. And it is depending on that bouns I'm hoping for ;)

The MIP center Build-up is made in 4 pieces... Left - Right - Center Top and Center Bottom, and the HSI and NMSP is the center bottom which takes about 4 hours and 30 minutes... roughly

Thanks for the info LynxDk. Much appreciated :thumbup:

Cheers

Hans

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeay, I'm in the K8400 club as well now :)

Got a deak I couldn't refuse, buying a already assembled and calibrated unit from a person that moved on to a better machine.

Have just made a few test prints and still learning all the 3D printing mumbo-jumbo magic. But this thing got some potential, if not for simulator it will be used for toy repairs...

By the way, where do you buy your filaments?

I assume that you are using PLA, since I can't really find any examples of good results of ABS print with this machine.

Accidently bought a sample pack with ABS filament, so I will try it and see if it is as bad as everyone claims on Youtube.

ABS is more difficult. You need a heated bed and the calibration needs to be good. Also the cooling fan speed needs to be found aswell as extruder temp for the specifik ABS you use. But when it works it's pretty good. I buy from http://3d-grottan.se/Filament

Running a Printrbot Simple Metal myself. Will eventually upgrade to a printer with dual heads and larger print surface.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb