Cockpit temperature indication/effects?

Flamin_Squirrel

Many (all?) of the jets in DCS have pressurised cockpits with environmental controls, but we've no indication what temperature it is in the cockpit even if we wanted to adjust settings.

How about some sort of graphical indication, such as the edges of the screen going red/blue if you get too hot/cold? It would be another touch to add that little bit more immersion.

Thoughts?

Fogging is a simple change that adds a ton of immersion.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

[DoW]King

Owned Aircraft: P-51D, F-86F, Bf 109 K-4, MiG-15bis, MiG 21bis, Ka-50, Mirage 2000, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, AV8B N/A

HOTAS: Saitek AV8R-01, Saitek X-55 Throttle

Many (all?) of the jets in DCS have pressurised cockpits with environmental controls, but we've no indication what temperature it is in the cockpit even if we wanted to adjust settings.

How about some sort of graphical indication, such as the edges of the screen going red/blue if you get too hot/cold? It would be another touch to add that little bit more immersion.

Thoughts?

There is no cockpit temp gauge in the F-15. As a matter of fact, I don't recall a gauge that shows external temps either.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Chris

There is no cockpit temp gauge in the F-15. As a matter of fact, I don't recall a gauge that shows external temps either.

That's kind of the point. You don't need a gauge, because in reality you don't need one to tell you if you feel warm or cold. We've got environmental controls in the virtual cockpit, but we can't use them because we don't know how hot or cold it actually is.

In the sim we can't feel the hot or cold, so the idea is that you'd have a graphical representation of whether the environmental control system was working as it should.