Laser cycle out/burnout - neverending story

Yes yes, i know it has been mentioned on forum plenty of times, but i really can't find a good answer to fixing that laser.

I know this formula of cycles, i'm not going out of it - usually i'm overburning my laser (it doesn't count from 3 or 8 to 0, it switches from 1 to 0 - i'm sure it burned out).

Also my laser ALWAYS overburn after returning to FARP and rearming. For me it's obviously bug. I tried it a lot of times. I can't repair my chopper due to no battle damage. Also my helo don't want to (CAN'T) respawn at FARP after spending on it 3-4 minutes. I tested that with Georgian Oil War campaing.

Is there any possibility to fix that? Go into some .lua files and change that time of cooldown? 30 minutes is really too much. I know that wouldn't be realistic, but I really prefer to enjoy destroying targets with gun and Vikhrs than just wait that half an hour at FARP... :helpsmilie:

Thanks for any help.

I use to land on my front wheel just hard enough to damage it. Then you can repair, and it will also repair the laser. Also before shutting down engines, request ground power(if available). Only use your left/right engine cutoffs to shutdown your engines, the rest of your systems remain intact with ground power on.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

Also before shutting down engines, request ground power(if available). Only use your left/right engine cutoffs to shutdown your engines, the rest of your systems remain intact with ground power on.

Reaper6

what does this accomplish? Please explain.

My setup: Intel i3 4170, NVidia GTX960, 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz, 128GB Kingston SSD, FaceTrackNOIR

Modules: KA-50, Mig-21, SU-27, Mi-8

If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter -- and therefore, unsafe

what does this accomplish? Please explain.

This allows you to keep your computers and other electronic equipments turned on so that you do not have to wait for them to turn them on again (e.g. IBRIS). Once repair is done, you simply launch your engines and are ready to go ;)

The AC external power is able to supply the main AC busses, meaning that when main generators are off you can have all systems powered.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Ok. I know that way with damaging wheels. But i will really appreciate any fix of ED with repairing. Maybe i send support ticket to ED :)

BTW which file contais script with overheating? Someone know? Obviously if there is stated that I shouldn't edit that file, of course i won't do that. But if I can, where it is? I was searching in Mods/Ka50/Scripts. But I can't find it.

Regards.

All the above, mainly it continues to provide power to your K041(which your batteries/APU alone will not provide) AP, INU, etc.

Also you may want to try:

1) If possible launch all your Vikhrs first, then move to guns and rockets(even after laser burnout, you are still able to range targets).

2) Lock your target first then turn laser on and lock again when you are ready to fire Vikhr.

3) Turn your laser off immediatley after Vikhr has impacted target(your laser will continue to fire for a few seconds after your Vikhr has hit the target).

4) Shoot your Vikhrs as close as possible to the target as you are able.

These should save you valuable seconds of your laser burnout time(300 seconds total IIRC).

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

I use to land on my front wheel just hard enough to damage it. Then you can repair, and it will also repair the laser. Also before shutting down engines, request ground power(if available). Only use your left/right engine cutoffs to shutdown your engines, the rest of your systems remain intact with ground power on.

Reaper6

Press fire extinguisher is less dangerous than volontary breaking a wheel :smilewink: and will allow you to repair

• Like 1

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

Press fire extinguisher is less dangerous than volontary breaking a wheel :smilewink: and will allow you to repair

Good point! I will try it, thanks!

About saving the laser from over use, only thing that i don't do is ranging as close as possible. Sometimes i'm ranging even on 10 km (maximum possible range for Vikhrs). 2) and 3) is totally clear I'm doing like that (using my laser as fewest as i can).

BTW thanks everyone for help in this topic.

Regards

10km? I salute you :worthy: I've never had one go past 8.9km, but I'm also always in the mud.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

This allows you to keep your computers and other electronic equipments turned on so that you do not have to wait for them to turn them on again (e.g. IBRIS). Once repair is done, you simply launch your engines and are ready to go ;)

ABRIS works on battery power quite well.

I never noticed this to be a big deal for me when repairing. I don't need shkval, I don't need UV-26, I don't need HUD, in a friendly base. But I can see, how it can make ones' life easier. For me, plugging ground power is bigger stress, because I always forget to unplug and then the ground crew shouts "hey, what are you doing!?" and headphones are dangling from my helicopter (or so I imagine).

and silentHunter, 10km kills, you are quite a sharpshooter. I don't keep records, but I think, that 9km was my longest distance kill. At a distance this far, the laser stops its countdown before the vikhr reaches his target, so I try to avoid such long shots.

Edited by kilix

My setup: Intel i3 4170, NVidia GTX960, 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz, 128GB Kingston SSD, FaceTrackNOIR

Modules: KA-50, Mig-21, SU-27, Mi-8

If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter -- and therefore, unsafe

I'm attacking from about 800 meters altitude, about 8-10 km (sometimes 6km if i'm sure there is no dangerous like SAM) from enemies. This is good tactic for me in mountainous terrain when no radar SAM was noticed. This prevent Vikhrs from hitting ground, especially when units stay on unflat terrain. AAA, MANPADS and Shilkas can't engage you because you are too far :thumbup: And you have clear view of enemy units behind some low covers.

On flat terrain i'm staying as low as possible, closing to the enemy and searching for MANPADs and AAAs. When I found it, killing it with gun.

If in both cases I get out of Vikhrs/enemy air defences, i'm sending my wingman to reccoiscenance to search for hidden AAAs. If it's clear, engaging soft targets with rockets/gun.

This is only my tactic, so please be forgiving if it's bad :P

Regards.

PS: I found that 10km is tottaly absolute maximum, because Vikhrs doesn't have more ballistic power to engage further targets. Even if it stops count, Vikhrs remember position for this last 300 meters, so they hit targets. But like i said 10 km and no more, even 10.1 is too much. Better is for me 9.5-9.0 km.

Edited by silenthunter183

I wouldn't say your tactic is bad, if it works for you then it's a good one.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"