Afterburn and AIM-120 ?????

I might mean more dopler shift as your afterburners accelerate you...I think.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I think what's happening is that even if you decoy the missile, you reduce the closure, thus increasing the time the missile has available to find you again...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It has nothing to do with the AB itself - just that using AB means an increase in speed and a decrease in closure - tail on, of course.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I have been practicing to avoid AIM-120 in lock on, and it seems to me that this missal reacts on my afterburn, because when I use it, it is harder to lose the missal.

Any ideas about it????.............

I suppose it depends on how you're trying to avoid it. If you're trying to barrel roll around it with burners on, you might be going too fast to roll tightly enough. In that case it would have no problem following you.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

It has nothing to do with the AB itself - just that using AB means an increase in speed and a decrease in closure - tail on, of course.

But isn't that a good thing. Lighting AB and running, to increase the distance, bleeds the AIM120's speed and engery and Drastically decreases its chances of hitting you.

I don't care if it has more time to track or acquire me, If it's going to be easy to defeat if you lure it out like that with a subsequent turn, is that not better?

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

More or less correct in cases where you have been fired on outside the NEZ.

But most people will try to wildly maneuver (once pointed away) to beat the missile - in LOMAC, you can simply accelerate away.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]