Fantastic Tool for Mission Designers (Should Really Be Part of ME)

Bearfoot

(1) I really wish there was an easy way to visualize spacing and alignment of units/groups in the 3D world from the ME without actually launching the mission.

(2) I really wish there was an easy way to accurately and reliably space and align units in the ME.

(3) I really wish there was an easy way to select, move, manipulate, copy/paste multiple units (non-static as well as static) in the ME.

Well, there appear to be no full solutions to any of these ... but I have found a great tool that will help greatly with (2), and thus also greatly reducing the need for (1):

http://www.markus-bader.de/MB-Ruler/index.php

No installation required. Just launching it results an on-screen ruler overlay that stays active (and works) through DCS launch into the ME. It is incredibly configurable, allowing not only for resizing/moving/orientation/color changes etc., but (most immediately useful for me) also allowing for an on-screen grid of customizable size. There are numerous other options and features that I have not explored.

Note that for commercial use (i.e., if you are going to sell your missions/campaigns), you will need to purchase a license. Otherwise it is free.

So, that helps out with (1) and (2) above. I think for (3) we are going to have to wait for ED ...

Interesting, thanks!

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

If I remember correctly no. 1 is coming to the mission editor at some point. While we wait, this looks like a very useful tool, thanks for posting the link :)

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

There's a mod out for 2.0 iirc which allows you to launch two DCS instances and while using one for mission editing, you can see direct result in the other.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo