The Other Side: My personal best

Well, I just had my best run-through of The Other Side in the Deployment campaign.

This is a mission with which I have a long and arduous history (as some of you may remember, several of my first threads were rages about this mission).

Well, I still like to play through the campaign periodically, and I use this mission as my personal landmark for how I've progressed as a pilot. In this iteration, I accomplished a number of tasks with which I have had difficulty in the past; to whit:

1. Succesfully navigate mountains near flight ceiling for current loadout
  2. Pick a path and formation that ensures all wingmen arrive at the target aera (didn't scrape AI off on the walls)
  3. Arrive on station and assess the threat from a safe distance (may not count, considering i've done this mission a few times...)
  4. Designate desired targets and task wingmen appropriately
  5. survive A2A engagement against Hind
  6. ensure wingmes survive A2A engagement
  7. prosecute all targets with no losses in the formation
  8. RTB with sufficient fuel to land and shutdown
  9. execute smooth hover-landing and hover-taxi to parking area

Additionally, I was able to use my S-8s to snipe a group of BMPs from outside the range of their cannons (though I almost did not survive their buddy).

On an amusing note, I got to watch my retarded AI wingmen (2 of them!) refuse to land, circle at the airfield until running out of fuel, and then autorotate hard enough to remove fillings.

Overall, this is far and away the best overall performance, wheels up to rotors stopped, which I have had in this mission. There are a couple amusing goofs (such as getting stuck knife edged in a spiral descent when my yaw mechanism decided I wasn't loading it enough to know which way it wanted to turn...), but I recovered from everything safely, acomplished my mission, and brought my flight home.

feels good.

(Tacview attached, video highlights to follow. Track may be available, if i can remember that trick to recover one you forgot to save before flying any other mission.)

The Other side.rar

Good job. I still remember how good it felt after successfully completing this mission and landing back to base. This is the mission that really makes you grow as a chopper pilot as it requires you to properly plan your cruise and the attack itself so you don't waste precious fuel too much so you can get back home after completing the objectives.

It seems like choppers still eat Vikhrs like they missed breakfast without much effect on their flying ability. Fortunately the AIs cannon finished them off without hassle.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

Videos won't play for me..

Yup...no joy

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10