Issue with control mode

red2112

Greetings,

I just bought CA 1.5 today and I can´t seem to issue orders on the map. When I select a unit the control panel pop´s up on the bottom left of the screen ("y" key), but when I hit the little arrow on the right of the panel ">", nothing shows up.

Any ideas?

Care,

Mike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi again,

I created a mission, added CMDR and some units to shoot, but still missing half the command bar...

CM_01_zpsg6yd0gjj.jpg

Life in a rut for me with CM. Might be doing something wrong but evereything works as far as ROE set in editor, but not the "drive" option or map management. No command bar to set actions :-(

Godspeed,

Red

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some of us have to work :-)

Looks like the units may not have the Player Can Drive checkbox checked; you have to check for each unit in a group that you want to be drivable. You have to have the Game Commander or Tactical Commander role to control a group, then the right-hand box will show up so you can set waypoints. A JTAC role will let you get into a vehicle, but not control a group.

Most of the missions on my Hollo Pointe server include Combined Arms slots, stop by.

WC

• Like 1

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Some of us have to work :-)

Looks like the units may not have the Player Can Drive checkbox checked; you have to check for each unit in a group that you want to be drivable. You have to have the Game Commander or Tactical Commander role to control a group, then the right-hand box will show up so you can set waypoints. A JTAC role will let you get into a vehicle, but not control a group.

Most of the missions on my Hollo Pointe server include Combined Arms slots, stop by.

WC

Hi,

Thank´s WC!

It dosen´t seem to work. I red the manual, and yes basicaly is what you´r saying, but still no luck.

CA_02_zpssb7xshny.jpg

Maybe I need to put something under "condition", not sure.

CA_3_zps2qebkdkd.jpg

Here´s one on you´r server. Nice, thanks for that WC, but again no go.

CA_04_zps7th2cdak.jpg

If I get it to work, I´ll be sure to stop by. Thanks!

No matter what role I play, nothing changes in the F10 view. No command panel, all I can do is move to the F7 view. So it´s useless to use.

I tried to repair DCS but if I right-click the updater, I have no option to start in MSDOS, or consul, so I cant add a string to that. I also tried to re-install but to no aveil, still the same.

Don´t know what´s wrong really.

Thanks again for you´r help WC!

Care,

Red

Edited by red2112

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not at my computer right now, but I believe there is another option you have to check off in the map settings tab. I could be incorrect though since I'm not able to double check right now. Did you try clicking that arrow next to the unit info bubble on the f10 map? That should extend the controls if the mission is configured for unit command

I'm not at my computer right now, but I believe there is another option you have to check off in the map settings tab. I could be incorrect though since I'm not able to double check right now. Did you try clicking that arrow next to the unit info bubble on the f10 map? That should extend the controls if the mission is configured for unit command

Hi,

Thanks, yes I always try to click the ">" arrow on the command bar first but nothing happens. Yes as CMDR role every time I try. Regarding checking off a setting option on map, well no idea which one you mean.

Thanks XC!

Care,

Red

Edited by red2112

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, that is the Player Can Drive checkbox. When you join the mission, are you getting into a Tactical Commander slot like in the screen shot below?

attachment.php?attachmentid=142639&stc=1&d=1466208421

Everything else you showed looks good.

WC

Screen_160617_1800412.thumb.jpg.eb6644b414b6050d7805d5846ec4ec72.jpg

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Hi,

Thanks for the help!

Yes, I do pick the CMDR slot on your server but once inside, same as off-line nothing happens.

From what I red here on the forums, in order to repair a DCS install, you have to right click the DCS updater app/icon and choose to open in a MSDos consule, then you add the string "repair" to the sentence and hit enter. Just as you would do in any MSDos situation, but that option dosen´t seem to pop-up when I right click the updater on my end/pc. I a bit stuck here...:-(

Thanks again folks!

Care,

Red

Edited by red2112

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

I got to repair DCS by copying the string under propities (updater) which should end in bin\, then pasted to start and added DCS_updater.exe repair, that started the repair tool, but still no joy.

Care,

Red

I guess it´s back to Armored Warfare!

Edited by red2112

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

After getting support from DCS, a new Install of DCS to a new location did the trick for me. All works fine now. Thank you all for your kind help, and a thumbs up to DCS support too!

Looking forward to trying this out!

Godspeed,

Red

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wrecking Crew, as soon as I get the grip´s with CA, and get some unit tech info down, I´ll be sure to pop by your server asap :-)

I sent some friends over too!

Thanks CW!

Best regards,

Red

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]