Need help with SU-25t bombs release mode

Adder667th

how can i release high drag free fall bombs in singles in CCRP mode?

Im trying to release 4 BetAB-500shp bombs one at a time, theyre across hardpoints 2,3 & 9,10. I have the WSCP release mode switch in the 0.2 position & the ripple quantity switch set to no1 (singly), i position the CCRP pipper over the target (a runway) then i hold the weapon release trigger down as described in the manual. The designation point diamond is displayed in the hud & once over target the release tone sounds the bombs are dropped...but only one pair & at the same time with no delay, even if i keep the release trigger in the other two dont drop.

All i want is to deploy the ordnance evenly over the length of the runway, was easy enough to do in the A-10.

Anyone know what i might be doing wrong here?

Cheers

Steve.

Intel core2 E6600 2.6Ghz, 2Gb Ram, Nvidia GeForce 8800gts 500mb. Saitek X45.

in the manual it says only the four inner most wing stations provide individual weapon release.

I read this as meaning stations 2,3,4,5 & 7,8,9,10

Im thinking now maybe they mean stations 4,5 & 7,8

IIRC - the bombs on the outer hardpoints can not be dropped in single-mode. It would cause to much of an unbalanced aircraft.

Try it with the inner hardpoints - should work there.

Guess its a feature of the AFV - question is - would the A-10 allow the single-drops in reality?

basic

for translators ...

how can i release high drag free fall bombs in singles in CCRP mode?

Im trying to release 4 BetAB-500shp bombs one at a time, theyre across hardpoints 2,3 & 9,10. I have the WSCP release mode switch in the 0.2 position & the ripple quantity switch set to no1 (singly), i position the CCRP pipper over the target (a runway) then i hold the weapon release trigger down as described in the manual. The designation point diamond is displayed in the hud & once over target the release tone sounds the bombs are dropped...but only one pair & at the same time with no delay, even if i keep the release trigger in the other two dont drop.

All i want is to deploy the ordnance evenly over the length of the runway, was easy enough to do in the A-10.

Anyone know what i might be doing wrong here?

Cheers

Steve.

Steve,

I'm confused. Are you trying to release only one bomb at a time or ripple them? (Your setting of a ripple interval is what's confusing me.) If single (as in 1 per pull of the trigger), then only pylons 4, 5, 7, and 8 work for that. Pylons outboard of those will release in pair for reasons of aircraft balance.

If, OTOH, you are trying to ripple single bombs but drop all bombs during the single pull of the trigger, then an interval setting of 2 milliseconds is too close. Try 4 milliseconds instead. You'll definitely see that they are dropping singley. But, even so, 4 bombs won't ripple down the entire length of the runway. Even 8 won't. You just can't get the T-bird going fast enough.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Rich

I'd like to release one bomb at a time from level flight of about 200m (this is what id like to find out how to do).

The manual says these BetAB-500shp bombs can be dropped from between 150 & 2000m at speeds of up to 900kph, so im trying for a low fast bomb run. Im not sure, but at this alt is the only bombing mode availabe CCRP mode?

When i press & then release the trigger i immediatly loose the target designator diamond & the bombs dont drop. Even with the WSCP set to "salvo" & a ripple release of 0.4sec, only one pair is released.

Ive only tried the above with bombs on stations 2,3 & 9,10.

thanks for your help

Steve.

Steve,

OK. Now I know what you want to do. There are a number of ways but here are two. If you're low enough and fast enough, you can drop CCIP. Here are two tracks for you to watch: BetAB-500*8. I use 8 of the BetAB-500s to make it easier for you to see what's happening. In "BetAB-500-CCIP-Single", I leave the weapons control panel alone and drop the 8 bombs along the length of the runway (2x2x1x1x1x1). Hardpoints 2&10, 3&9 drop in pairs. The remainder drop singly.

"BetAB-500-CCIP-Interrupt" demonstrates a method to drop all 8 bombs singly. You interrupt the drop sequence. As such, it represents an overide of the control panel. Set your interval to 0.4. This gives you time to perform the interrupt. Set your ripple quantity to "2". You are again in CCIP as in the first track. Pull the trigger and immediately release it. This interrrupts the sequence before the second bomb can release and only hardpoint #2 releases. Pull the trigger again and release it. Hardpoint 10, Pull again and release. Hardpoint 3. You get the idea. You'll walk them right down the length of the runway.

While I don't show a CCRP method, you can use a standard tactic. Come in at about 300 meters or maybe a bit higher. I'd again use a release interval of 0.4 and ripple quantity of 2. At around 300 meters altitude, you'll be able to drop 4 times (assuming 8 bombs) before you run out of runway to bomb. If this last method isn't making sense, I'll be glad to make a track of this for you as well.

Rich

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Ironhand thanks for all your hard work, I just learned how to toss/CCRP and CCIP bombs a few weeks ago. LOC taught me how to do it, I just use to dive bomb everything. But now I have more choices and better my chances to stay alive. If anyone hasn't been to his site I highly recommend it :thumbsup:

Thanks Rich

I followed your advice there & was able to deploy the bombs singly as i wanted, & the track file was very helpful, very easy to follow & you explained how to do this clearly...i'll sleep easy tonight.

Your a legend mate :)

thanks again

Steve.

...I followed your advice there & was able to deploy the bombs singly as i wanted...

Glad I was able to help get you squared away. Enjoy.

And Cali,

Thank you.

Rich

_____