Using EOS

Dunks

btw,

i just shoot drbwn a frind yesterday,

why, just because i was locking him with my helmet system and my RADAR was on LOL, to check IFF.

i think i can be a bug, it already happend to me twice a year.

was crazy lol i checked him fiew, with different system, coz i wasnt in mood for shooting, if those ass6 front my nose was an enemy it meaned the perspective of battelfield i d get was ****ed up. it was a 4th dimension time lol.

anyway i shoot him down , and now i still have to take care at his lonely girl friend.

So watch out, it rare, but sometime IFF acting weird#

PS: no failure first coz it was a gunso , i was nacked of impact !!! bah who knoes

I did the same thing 2 days ago, locked a friendly in EOS and he got a lock tone (we were both on teamspeak). So I turned EOS off, turned radar on and then back off. Turned EOS back on and he still got a tone :hmm: Switched to NAV mode then back to A2A and turned EOS on locked him and he didn't get the tone :dunno:. That doesn't seem correct does?

Did you by any chance have R-77 selected?

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

On the note of IFF with Helmet.

If you Lock in Helmet mode with radar off. then switch radar 'I', you will get the visual 'C' on the HUD indicating friendly.

If he's a Foe, it wont show the 'C'.

Same can be done in EOS, but I think he'll recieve a lock tone, because EOS(Passive) is switching to Active. Cant be too sure.

This is also the case with active missiles selected at that moment.

Anyway thats how you can IFF with Helmet or EOS, but it may compromise your invisibility to him.

Now IFF with the eagle requires more work with spike sorting, TWS/LRS switching.

Thats my 2 cents, hope it helps people IFF correctly before taking unsure shots..

iff.thumb.jpg.156edd49712222d0784a5c5e05d5edbe.jpg

dredd4hd0.jpg

---= 169th Panthers -Flt Lt.- =---

http://www.169thpanthers.com.au

tbdreddey7.png

AMD64 S939 3700 | 2GB Corsair DDR500 | 21" CRT

ATI Radeon X800Pro | 2x36GB WD Raptors | SB Audigy

TIR3 | TM-868 | X52 | CH Pedals | Creative 5.1 Spkrs

Im sure it depends on which type of missile you have selected when you switch radar on when you have him locked in eos . Radar missile he gets a warning, IR missile no warning is given.

But there is something going on in the sequence that can alert his RWR if you have IR missile selected. Its a bit of a grey area.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Hey, thanks for the reminder! I've been meaning to ask: what does the IR jammer in the -T do to the EOS? Could you elaborate?

It shouts to everyone in the map "look here I'am". :D When I played a multiplayer game looong time ago I located an enemy Su25T half acrros the map with EOS. It gives you the same jammes strobes in the HUD like with radar jamming. But that was before 1.12, don't know if it acts the same way now.