SLI for DCS

Hey Guys,

Now I know maybe somewhere in the forums this has been tackled, but given the new vid cards going around, along with my desire to experiment and play around with my current computer setup (yeah i'm relatively new to this stuff), i just wanted to hear your thoughts on SLI for DCS

Does SLI really work for DCS? Does it make a huge difference? Given my current setup, I am thinking about giving SLI a try, any thoughts?

Thanks guys:)

PINOY PRIDE!!!

System Specs: i7-4790, Windows 7 64-Bit, ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X Mobo, HyperX Fury 32Gb, Nvidia Titan (Pascal), TM Warthog and TFRPedals, TrackIR 5

SLI is a waste for DCS, at this time.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I went so far as to pull both GTX 970's out and put them on ebay. I now have a single GTX 1070.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Hey guys,

So far, based on the comments above, there's absolutely no gain or scaling at all for now?

PINOY PRIDE!!!

System Specs: i7-4790, Windows 7 64-Bit, ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X Mobo, HyperX Fury 32Gb, Nvidia Titan (Pascal), TM Warthog and TFRPedals, TrackIR 5

As far as I know how to test and measure SLI works and provides a benefit in my case.

I use a twin GTX 980 Ti setup. SLI bars green FPS gain of about 30-40%. Is there some other way to test than checking the "green bars"?

Edited by DirtyFret

SLI works in 2.0.2 natively in surround mode, no tweaking required.

SLI works in 2.0.2 in single monitor SLI mode with AFR forced on in the nvidia control panel.

you gain about 20-30% improvement.

There are absolutely gains to be made.

1.x is much more CPU bound, and since I'm so bored of the caucus map, I've not done any testing with it.

I run x2 4gb GTX980's

Haswell-E at 3.7ghz.

X99 chipset

16GB of DDR4

I am not CPU bound in any way in 2.0.2 Not a single core hits max. However, even on the lowest settings, I cannot manage 60 fps at 5760x1200, due to Vram and GPU power constraints. If you come back down to 1920x1200, instead of triple monitors, things get much better, but I still cannot max out all settings.

So basically, SLI works, It has gains, but it's a fools errand to think it will allow you to use 2 cheap cards to equal one expensive one.

If you don't have 8 GB of Vram, your FPS will tank on high detail settings, period.

I verify CPU, RAM, and GPU usage with HWinfo64, which will give you real time charts of all those things.

Edited by Socket7

Practice makes perfect.