M2000C HUD Velocity Vector

Astronut

I'm new to the module so please forgive me for what might be a dumb question.

When landing I have noticed that you can have the velocity vector indicating above the horizon line yet the aircraft is still sinking. I have noticed this mostly when I start to flare and I get a little slow, hence the sink. Has anyone else noticed this?

What am I missing here?

I also forgot to add, since it's been a while since we've been able to give you guys an update in development I have it fixed so that the APP mode has the correct FPM limits. I'll have to run vanilla DCS world but I believe the initial set of HUD improvements in the most recent update for you guys had incorrect FPM HUD movement limits in APP mode.

I think it's the other way around. In the last update it's normal mode that has its limits a bit early up in the HUD. The FPM had it's limit about right in App mode, but the pitch ladder gets stuck on previous 'Normal mode' limits. I had sent you some images for reference. I have more clarifying images if you want, all info is from the video from the bug report thread.

To clarify, it's normal mode that needs to have correct limits to be further downwards/deeper in the HUD (the exact position I had sent you in an image), app mode is deep enough but it should be equalled to norm mode (EDIT: After it gets fixed), just so that everything is unified.

App mode and norm mode should be identical when it comes to pitch ladder & FPM.

Edited by SCU
added more clarification.. even I get confused sometimes when rereading my own posts :D.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

The attached screenshot was made using current version while flying perfectly horizontal very low over sea. The horizon line is in a depressed position compared to the natural horizon, and the velocity vector is very slightly below it. Putting the incorrectly placed velocity vector precisely on the incorrectly placed horizon line, and the aircraft will slowly climb. It's a complete mess. And it's been like this since December.

In this example, the horizon line and velocity vector should be overimposed on the natural horizon. After more than 8 months of "intense development" the result is that even HUD basics are not correct. What we have is:

- horizon line position is inaccurate (the truth is, actually ALL pitch lines, except perhaps the +/-90 deg ones are inaccurate)

- velocity vector position is inaccurate

hud.jpg.a5f4594d3e763e84b4209bca6da41e36.jpg

• 2 weeks later...