Mirrors stuck on

hollowman8904

I experienced this also but loading a second mission and pressing LShift+M worked.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I confirm the bug in 1.5.4.56500.154:

- when the mission starts, the mirror are hidden

- when clicking on the mirror the first time (or equivalent shortkey), they rotate and turn on

- when clicking on the mirror again, the reflection is not updated anymore but it's not rotating to "hide away".

(then it cycles between active and static reflection).

The user must quit DCS in order to get the mirror rotated and blacked-out again, simply restarting a mission just shows a static image again.

The static image is prone to induce the pilot into believing there is no rear threat. I'm not sure it was intentional, but if it is, it might not be the best option? :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I think the very best is to animate the mirrors physically swiveling so the reflective surface cannot be seen if the real mirrors can be moved so.

If the mirror mount cannot be moved so as to hide the image surface then when the mirror effect is off there should be a placeholder image (gray, generic, witty joke, whatever). But the "last updated image from when you turned it off" is kinda bad.