Custom kneeboard

JotaChenko

Hi!

I recently purchased the M2000 .... amazing plane.

I have a problem with a custom kneeboard.

I've made some startup images and other stuffs, copied them in Saved Games\(Me)\DCS\Kneeboard\M-2000C. The problem is that it works in single player (I can see my custom kneboard images), but not in multiplayer (I can't see my custom images in multiplayer)

I post it here because I search in the forums and didn't find anything. Is this a bug? a feature not implemented yet?

Someone else is having this problem?

:helpsmilie:

S!

I have not had that problem, interesting.

Kneeboard builder sadly won't work in multiplayer, it does not pass the integrity check ):

Although you might creat your custom kneeboard with it, then after the integrity check tells you which files are "corrupted" you can delete them and do a DCS repair, after that don't start the kneeboard builder again. This way you will still have your custom kneeboard images.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

I have not had that problem, interesting.

Kneeboard builder sadly won't work in multiplayer, it does not pass the integrity check ):

Although you might creat your custom kneeboard with it, then after the integrity check tells you which files are "corrupted" you can delete them and do a DCS repair, after that don't start the kneeboard builder again. This way you will still have your custom kneeboard images.

Kneeboard builder works for me in multiplayer, never had a IC failure.

Not sure about the corruptions you are having.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

welp, I checked it again, and the problem occurs if you want to change the size/position of your kneeboard, the specified corruptions are as follows:

scripts/aircrafts/_common/cockpit/viewporthandling.lua

scripts/aircrafts/_common/cockpit/kneeboard/indicator/overlay_page.lua

scripts/aircrafts/_common/cockpit/kneeboard/indicator/objects_page.lua

as long as you don't use that function of the kneeboard builder you should be fine, if you did however: disable the function in the kneeboard builder, delete the specified files and repait DCS (like I have to do now AGAIN)

EDIT: KneeboardBuilder creates file_original.lua so you don't have to run a repair, delete and rename as needed.

Edited by kobeshow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

Can I just clarify that you are talking about AlaskanGrizzly's kneeboard builder?

If you are I am running version 1.6.7.9 in 1.5.4 both beta and normal. (not tried 2.0)

I have just re-sized mine and have no IC errors.

If we are talking about the same program, perhaps it might be worth mentioning the problem your having, if you haven't already on Alaskan's post.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

I've also had IC failures due to resizing/moving in AlaskanGrizzly's KneeboardBuilder v1.6.7.9. It irks me because I'd rather have the thing in the middle so I can see the switches to the left and right.

Note: The IC looks green until I spawn into the aircraft and it kicks me and the IC icon is red. Time to repair now after that little experiment.

Edited by Britchot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

welp, I checked it again, and the problem occurs if you want to change the size/position of your kneeboard, the specified corruptions are as follows:

scripts/aircrafts/_common/cockpit/viewporthandling.lua

scripts/aircrafts/_common/cockpit/kneeboard/indicator/overlay_page.lua

scripts/aircrafts/_common/cockpit/kneeboard/indicator/objects_page.lua

as long as you don't use that function of the kneeboard builder you should be fine, if you did however: disable the function in the kneeboard builder, delete the specified files and repait DCS (like I have to do now AGAIN)

EDIT: KneeboardBuilder creates file_original.lua so you don't have to run a repair, delete and rename as needed.

Winner!!!!!

Yes, I have AlaskanGrizzly's kneeboard builder ver. 1.6.7.9 and realease DCS 1.5.4

I've only had a viewporthandling_original.lua, but I deleted the three files posted above and run a DCS repair. Didn't start again Kneeboard builder and now I can see my custon kneeboard in single player and multiplayer.

Thanks!!