Thrustmaster weapons control system throttle for parts

pvc pipe

pvc water adapter

Electrical box

aluminum coolant tube from volvo xc70

BU0838

Steering wheel cover

wire, hardware, paint etc

I originally was going to connect the two controls together using just one BU0836 but I decided to keep them separate to make the wiring easier. Also to make it easier to move the cyclic to fly planes with the Warthog.

The TQS base has weight added for stability.

The shaft needed more friction. This was done with a piece of rubber inner tube wrapped around the shaft. Provides enough friction to hold the collective in any position.

Base needs to be mounted

The throttle uses the bottom of the weapon control shaft gear assembly.

Collective has

Two pots, one with momentary push button

4 way switch

Two 2 position rockers

one 2 position toggle

Throttle

Collective

The cyclic was upgraded with hall sensors and a new down tube.

So how do they work?

Better than I ever hoped. Don't know how I ever flew without them.

Total cost,

1) $180.00 to $200.00 cash

2) 5 weeks of complaints from wife about mess on table!:D

Worth every penny AND minute!:lol:

Any questions I will be happy to answer.

Thanks

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Your collective holds position with all the leverage on it?

Yes, I added a piece of rubber around the shaft which works perfect. The tension adjustment even works!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."