Mission 8.5 Help

dresoccer4

heya - im currently playing mission 8.5 but having some issues. the first time i played, i got commanded to take out the heli's, but i accidentally ran into one as i was firing at it :music_whistling:

so i restarted, but this time i cannot get the command to take out heli's. the last thing i hear is something like "whoa the bombers took out the hill" or something similar. then all of the aircraft begin their attack runs on the hill. i just followed them in, but never got a command to take out the heli's.

ive restarted 3 times now and cannot for the life of me get the command triggered again. i feel like im doing something wrong or in the wrong place. any hints? i dont want to just start attacking the heli's without getting the order

cheers

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

I just looked over the mission file, and for both the MiG-15 and F-86 campaign, I see a potential problem. Interestingly enough though, I've never encountered the issue you're mentioning in any of my testing.

The potential issue I see is that the trigger zone, for spawning those helicopters, is a much smaller one than what I normally did with all my other triggers (I always give a little more buffer room for units to enter trigger zones in case they take slightly different routes) For the helicopters to spawn, The A.I. SU-25's (or A-10s) have to fly though a trigger to spawn the helo's. But like I mentioned, that trigger zone is kinda small ... but really shouldn't be missed by them if they're flying the prescribed route to the target (as a player, you should have no impact on that).

Once that zone is entered, the helicopters spawn, and then the message of them being sighted, and the command for you to take them out, comes up. There should be NO WAY the helicopters spawn, and that command doesn't come up (because it's part of the same trigger action). So if you see the helicopters, but don't get a command ... shoot 'em down anyway :) Like I said, that should not be possible though.

Unfortunately, the helicopter spawning is part of the sequence of events that must happen for a"Mission Success" to be attainable.

- Apache600

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

I just tested both the MiG-15 and the F-86 versions of this mission, and the triggers activated correctly. I stayed about 1/2 km or so behind the initial attack aircraft, so as to not impede any of their navigation. Regardless though, I'll certainly make these triggers a little larger in a future update (the next one coming out, v1.3 has already been submitted, so it'll probably have to be an update after that one)

If for whatever reason you can't get past this, there's always the "Auto-success" option you can do (via F10 radio commands) within the first 30 seconds of the mission.

Hope this helps, or that you can get through it without any issues.

- Apache600

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

I just tested both the MiG-15 and the F-86 versions of this mission, and the triggers activated correctly. I stayed about 1/2 km or so behind the initial attack aircraft, so as to not impede any of their navigation. ....

- Apache600

thanks for the quick and detailed response. even though i never got the command to take out the choppers, they still spawned and on my 5th try i took them out. there weren't any messages the rest of the level, so i just flew back and landed to see what would happen, and lo and behold i got the mission success message.

so not really sure what happened or what i did wrong, but no big deal, im off to the next level :pilotfly:

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules