not working after update

• ED Team

Hi

please attach your logs folder zipped and we will try and help you

guide is in my signature

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
00000.877 ALERT DCS: Error running Scripts/Database/db_scan.lua: [string "./Scripts/Database/db_mods.lua"]:102: table index is nil

Hi

you must have had a modification installed before updating.

Try removing any modifications and run a repair. let us know how you get on

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi

no I mean any user modifications or unofficial mods, have you ever installed any?

If no

go to DCS World\Scripts delete the scripts folder and run a DCS repair

let us know how you get on

Edited by BIGNEWY

thanks,

mods such as terrain add ons? or even the Huey add on?

Should one uninstall before any update?

The only totally reliable method of updating is to remove all mods, then repair, then update. It is also wise to add mods sequentially after an update, testing each as you proceed.

Use JSGME or a similar mod manager to make the task easier.

All mods have the potential to stop DCS World from working after updates, as they are not necessarily compliant with EDs core code.

The key is to have a method of disabling them prior to updating, and then testing them once the new update has been applied.

Take a look at this if you want to have an easy way to apply and remove mods:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607

It is best to start with a clean install of DCS World prior to setting up JSGME. Once it is installed, use it to install and uninstall mods with the press of a button, and then you are good to go for updates. As stated, just uninstall the mods, run a repair, and then do the update. Once the update is completed, re-load the mods one at a time and see if there are any issues.

Do it methodically, and any rogue mods will easily be found.