Campaign Question

Erk104

I have recently decided to supplement my Online play with a few campaigns. I have played the Campaigns with the A-10C and the Huey and pretty well completed them... however the reason I haven't continued to play the campaigns more often is because each time you start a campaign there is no way to save the campaign progression.

For instance lets say I start a 45 -60 minute mission on a campaign... and my wife calls me to help unload the groceries from the car. When I back out of the mission it registers as a FAIL or incomplete and there is no way to go back in time to re-fly that mission. I have tried the Fly again after a quit but that isn't available in the campaign.

Am I missing something? or do you have to restart the campaign each time you fail a mission?:doh:

Depends how the campaign is structured. You can use ctrl-alt-del to force quit DCS to prevent a scenario like your hypothetical grocery loading; if you force quit DCS the mission will not register as flown/failed.

For non-branching campaigns where you know what mission you will be flying you can also just manually select which you want to fly from the "missions" menu. I believe you'll find most of them in mods/campaigns.