How to fire Mavericks from the Su-33

X_Man

• 2 weeks later...

It's not setup to use the MFD for other than displaying routes. So you can't use them, or I'd already be doing such a thing..

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Guest IguanaKing

Yup. None of the Russian aircraft in the game can realistically employ PGMs (except for the T Frog of course), so you're better off modding the A-10. The game allows all kinds of possibilities for employing RL PGMs from the A-10, and the devs actually did a fantastic job including those possibilities. You just have to use LOPE to unlock them. :smilewink:

Pretty much, cleared weapons so far on the Su-33:

AGM-114K*4

Vikhr-M (6 and 8 round pods)

Kh-29L

Kh-25ML

Note that these are of course, laser guided weapons, KAB-500kr and -1500 not usable.

I wish they would unlock it back on the Su-33 :(

Anti-radiation missiles are not usable, unless you get rid of the "Anti-shipping radar" in the coding.

Dumb bombs on MERs and singular of course usable.

All aircraft carryable anti-shipping missiles are usable.

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

• 1 month later...

You actually use the same setup, use "O" to activate the designator as on the Su-25T. Only thing due to coding is that its just like the Su-25T, so it will go out after a certain time, unlike 1.02 where it was "on" all the time. So your accuracy will suffer. Oh yeah, AGM-65Es can be fired from the Su-33 as well. The cool thing is that you don't have to carry any -25T pods in order for it to work, it just does.

Well yeah, I honestly really don't know the command offhand since I just go and map it to my joystick.