User File Skin Textures not working 1.5.5

Wine

Hi,

After the update to 1.5.5 my own and other userfiles Su27 skin textures do not display anymore.

Help needed to fix this, please !

I suspect I need to edit the description file ..

The solution seems to be to delete any instances of the file "empty.tga" that occurs in your installation. Supposedly it's no longer used with the update but a number of skins are directed to look for it. Read this thread in it's entirety: white boxes on most aircraft after most recent update.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Do not delete the "empty.tga" lines or the related default texture will be displayed.

You can just replace (or batch-replace with a text editor like Sublime Text and Notepad++) the "empty.tga" by "empty".

At least, that's the syntax used in the description.lua for the default liveries.

example:

{"su27_tail_numbers_down", 0 ,"empty",true};

I only checked the Su-27 liveries but it should be the same for any aircraft.

----

[EDIT: Well it does not seem to work that well with some liveries - you might want to check those one by one :doh:

You can type a double dash at the beginning of a line to mark it as a comment (so you can test without altering the description.lua too much):

ex:

to

-- {"su27_tail_numbers_down", 0 ,"empty",true};

]

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Do not delete the "empty.tga" lines or the related default texture will be displayed.

You can just replace (or batch-replace with a text editor like Notepad++) the "empty.tga" by "empty".

At least, that's the syntax used in the description.lua for the default liveries.

example:

I only checked the Su-27 liveries but it should be the same for any aircraft.

If that was intended as a clarification of my post, I specified the file, not the line in the LUA. My own preference is to edit the line to no longer refer to the TGA file.

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Thanks Ironhand. I misread your post, sorry. (multitasking issue on my side ;) )

I quickly checked a few liveries in the Encyclopedia but renaming the "empty.tga" to "empty" did not fix all of them, and removing the line (or tagging it as a comment) displays the default texture (bort number and such).

I don't have the time to dig any further right now but maybe there's a way to fix all the incompatible liveries with a batch command (I hope so).

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Thanks Ironhand. I misread your post, sorry. (multitasking issue on my side ;) )

I quickly checked a few liveries in the Encyclopedia but renaming the "empty.tga" to "empty" did not fix all of them, and removing the line (or tagging it as a comment) displays the default texture (bort number and such).

I don't have the time to dig any further right now but maybe there's a way to fix all the incompatible liveries with a batch command (I hope so).

Supposedly, the solution is to delete any instance of the file: empty.tga. The thread I linked to shows how to make sure you find them in ZIP files as well. The skins I'm interested are working now. So I haven't checked to see if everything works. I imagine there will be an actual fix for this at some point from Eagle.

_____