S530D relock after brief lock loss

TomCatMucDe

Hi Razbam, community,

I have a question regarding the 530D and Radar. Everybody should have experience the frustriations to lose the lock after shooting... My question is, does the real 530D re-track if the target is relocked shortly after, lets say under a second? If yes, will we have it in Razbam's Mirage

Thanks!

Hi Razbam, community,

I have a question regarding the 530D and Radar. Everybody should have experience the frustriations to lose the lock after shooting... My question is, does the real 530D re-track if the target is relocked shortly after, lets say under a second? If yes, will we have it in Razbam's Mirage

Thanks!

Both in RL and in DCS the Super 530D has the capability to reacquire a target after loss of radar lock. But there is a caveat: The target must be inside the missile's radar field of view. For the real S530D it is classified, for DCS it is quite small.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I never managed a re-lock with the Super 530D. Tried it with re-locking the target from one to 5 seconds after the frist lock broke. Not even, if the target was straight ahead of the missiles seeker.

... for DCS it is quite small.

Is it a secret or do you have the gimbal limits for re-lock for us? :music_whistling::D Same for the time, the target can be reaquired.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For not lose the target after 530 has fired, it's only necessary to maintain the target in the hud or in the circle?

It depends on the position of the target and yours.

If he is notching you will be losing him 90% of the times even if he is right at your 12 O´clock.

The thing is to avoid sharp turns while he is on defensive, that helps most of the times.

Depende de tu posición y la del objetivo

Si te esta notcheando vas a perderlo el 90% de las veces incluso si está a tus 12

El truco es evitar giros cerrados mientras está en defensivas, eso ayuda bastante

Both in RL and in DCS the Super 530D has the capability to reacquire a target after loss of radar lock. But there is a caveat: The target must be inside the missile's radar field of view. For the real S530D it is classified, for DCS it is quite small.

Would a comparision of missiles from the same era be helpfull?

Maybe the stats can be similar to an Aim-7 for example if this one has the relock capabilitie

are you considering to increase it a bit?

I would if I could but that parameter is handled by ED.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

The 'radar memory' should take care of most of this. The iFoV of a radar guided missile is maybe 6 degrees across, which isn't huge. Then there's the target recovery scan, which in DCS is implemented as a spiral scan of the entire gimbal space, IIRC.

The scan could be more efficient, but TBH the radar memory in STT is 4 sec long and any longer interruption should be considered to be a lost missile.

I would if I could but that parameter is handled by ED.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda