Agressor Campaign - M2000C too uber?

Sydy

Gents,

I am flying the Agressor campaign and I only lost one fight to a F-4 due to breaking the HD. Now I am at BFM04 mission against the M-2000Cs. So far, only practice missions.

What I found out so far, is that the Mirage 2000C is way too good in that campaign. Today I chated with two Mirage pilots (IIIEBR) and they confirmed the only way is to bring down bellow the 20kft so the F-5E has a chance (that was my tatics so far). So I am bringing the fight low, but it's really complicated at that weight.

Anyone else having trouble on BFM04?

BTW, why not a separated forum for this nice campaign?

All the best,

Sydy :pilotfly:

Ha! I only did BFM01 and only got one of the three F5's! I've got a long way to go!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

Damn... Was doing ok on BFM4, got the first to break HD and was in a good position on the second engagement and DCS froze... Let's do it again... Using a lot of snap rolls w/ rudder to shake down the first one...

I will keep you updated...

Ha! I only did BFM01 and only got one of the three F5's! I've got a long way to go!

I just did a nice video about Similar BFM in the campaign during my practices. I hope you guys like it.

All the best,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy

Gents,

I am flying the Agressor campaign and I only lost one fight to a F-4 due to breaking the HD. Now I am at BFM04 mission against the M-2000Cs. So far, only practice missions.

What I found out so far, is that the Mirage 2000C is way too good in that campaign. Today I chated with two Mirage pilots (IIIEBR) and they confirmed the only way is to bring down bellow the 20kft so the F-5E has a chance (that was my tatics so far). So I am bringing the fight low, but it's really complicated at that weight.

Anyone else having trouble on BFM04?

BTW, why not a separated forum for this nice campaign?

All the best,

Sydy :pilotfly:

It seems it has not been said enough: Mirage III has nothing in common with Mirage 2000 except the general shape. The aerodynamic was improved on the 2000 along with the engine and the command system (the 2000 is FBW, the III is not).

So the testimony of Mirage III pilots is not relevant in this case.

It seems it has not been said enough: Mirage III has nothing in common with Mirage 2000 except the general shape. The aerodynamic was improved on the 2000 along with the engine and the command system (the 2000 is FBW, the III is not).

True to the bone! Haven't bumped in any M2000 driver lately. We retired the plane from our inventory.

Hard to fight the 2000C in the F-5 for sure.

Tks anyway.

Bacab,

Do you know what's the corner speed for the 2000C around 10kft, pls?

Tks in advance,

Sydy

Bacab,

Do you know what's the corner speed for the 2000C around 10kft, pls?

Tks in advance,

Sydy

I checked the documentation provided by the BMS team for their M2000 so it might be different in DCS.

The maximum ITR is 23 deg/s at 10 000 feet with a speed of 0.65 mach.

The maximum STR is 13 deg/s at 10 000 feet with a speed between 0.65 and 0.8 mach.

I checked the documentation provided by the BMS team for their M2000 so it might be different in DCS.

The maximum ITR is 23 deg/s at 10 000 feet with a speed of 0.65 mach.

The maximum STR is 13 deg/s at 10 000 feet with a speed between 0.65 and 0.8 mach.

Tks Bacab, I am getting my butt kicked in that campaign against those M2000C.

I will keep practicing!

Take care,

Sydy

Patience is key, his higher t/w ratio will force you to use geometry to your advantage. If he's turning right in front of you but he's pulling away, aggressively go into lead pursuit to start managing the range.The AI will also typically make mistakes over a prolonged engagement. The problem here is you have five minutes to capitalize on this.

on

Patience is key, his higher t/w ratio will force you to use geometry to your advantage. If he's turning right in front of you but he's pulling away, aggressively go into lead pursuit to start managing the range.The AI will also typically make mistakes over a prolonged engagement. The problem here is you have five minutes to capitalize on this.

Viper,

I am at this point now. I don't get killed but get a time out in the fight... Manage to win one fight because AI broke the HD, but it is quite hard to win.

Tks fot the tip!

I find I can out turn on the merge and get good aspect on the second turn, maybe high yo-yo if I'm looking to over shoot but in doing so I give up energy and the guy just goes full burn and extends. I totally disengage in the hope that he will reengage quick and not just run until the timer runs out.

My next tactic I'm gonna try is going for the snap gun kill at high aspect but the closure rate makes radar acquisition and the kill very difficult for me so far!

Fionn,

Feel free to add anything on dogfight. On my BFM03, I got the first one right after the merge. We both went up and I got him with a high angle off pass. The second I got after the third merge. Managed to squeez a long range burst on his engine. Then became easy to chatch up and finish him. I consider myself lucky.

I am being kicked bad agains the Mirages... Only won one in practice and because de AI went stupid and broke the HD. Now I get 70% draw and loose 30%... Way too hard..

Happy hunting!

Gents,

Today I managed to pass the M2000Cs!!! UHU!!!!

I was practicing for a HO pass and run. On the first engagement I manage to kill the pilot. On the second one, I went HO, missed the pass and just ran like hell. The Mirage pilot got confused and engaged the instructor... Man, I RAN! More than Forest Gump. So he called Terminate on the 5min mark and I got rid of this phase. Now is to train for the Canadians.

Btw, stay around .9 before the HO so you can control the plane better.

This training is paying off. Yesterday I went in the Fishbed x Mig server and got 3 Mig 21s (cannon, AIM-9B and AIM-9P5).

I love this campaign!

Good lucky to you all!

Sydy

Guys. I dont what happened with AI, but I try to gunso vs exelent Su-27 (50% fuel). If he has six - he pull max afterburner and go to the space =)

E4gEGcsxDb4

P.S. Today I, with my friend on Flanker comparing with me on F-5.

F-5 against Flanker dont have any chance. Absolutly. Flanker have much better turn rate, better accelerations, better speed etc...

Su-27 needs about 20-30 seconds, to make gunkill position from offensive position (with f-5 on the close six).

Edited by SandMartin

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

Guys. I dont what happened with AI, but I try to gunso vs exelent Su-27 (50% fuel). If he has six - he pull max afterburner and go to the space =)

E4gEGcsxDb4

P.S. Today I, with my friend on Flanker comparing with me on F-5.

F-5 against Flanker dont have any chance. Absolutly. FC3 Flanker have much better turn rate, better accelerations, better speed etc..

Not to mention he has the off-boresight helmet sight to shoot you off his wing.

on

Anyone managed to get a handle on the M2000, I'm getting nailed constantly by them! They just turn to fast and regain energy so easy. The best I've done is almost reverse an overshoot with a barrel roll but I missed the shot and he went full AB and I lost him!

Anyone managed to get a handle on the M2000, I'm getting nailed constantly by them! They just turn to fast and regain energy so easy. The best I've done is almost reverse an overshoot with a barrel roll but I missed the shot and he went full AB and I lost him!

Fionn,

The way I managed to go through was practicing HO passes. If you fail the HO, bring the fight down, not up. F-5Es don't have power to fight Mirages above 20k.

I passed when got the first 2000 in a HO pass. The second I missed and just extended and ran. The mirage got confused and engaged the instructor and shot it down. I just ran from the second engagement and managed to pass it.

At this moment I am in the second F-18 setup and missing only the Mig-21 and F-15 besides that.

Good luck,

Sydy

Sweet, I'm trying to get a guns kill on the first circle head on pass. I've also have had some luck with flat scissors but it's tight and often he gets me before I can get behind him. Or I lose him, I'm still using the hat on my joystick to look around lol but I'm getting close to getting them!