Air refueling with the Mirage

razo+r

So i decided to get a bit more used with the mirage, so i tried to perform a standard maneuver, refuel in air

Tried with a S-3b Tanker and Il-78

So i contacted the tanker, he told me to go to precontact position

On precontact, i contacted him and he cleared me for contact, so i got closer

when he finished rolling out the pipe for the basket, i connected to it, but before that, i flipped the fuel transfer switch to day

When i made contact, he told "Contact"

but then, in an infinite loop, he repeated "Return precontact. Contact...."

I was always connected to the basket though...

Did i miss another switch or what is happening?

also, can you guys give me a tip for going to make contact with the basket?

Always, when i'm a bit to high, i push my stick full forward, since the FBW IMO is reacting a bit slowly, and then i'm trying to stabilize myselfe, but instead, i'm like wobling up and down and up and so on... only if i let the stick go and make like another approach, it get's a bit better...

Are you sure you are talking about the fuel transfer switch and not the refuelling light switch?

I'm not at my computer but I can't remember the fuel transfer switch having a day setting

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

You're flipping the wrong switch.

Razbam still needs to fix it fully. It's understandable to move the wrong one due to how they're presently mis-labelled (cockpit tips = error).

The switch you need to move is on the left vertical "wall" of the cockpit, above the throttle.

It currently has only 2 positions. And that's the one that should have 3 (off/day/night) when all will be fixed.

spacer.png

i'm talking about the switch located left in the canopy frame, not about the refueling light switch, which is located near the taxi light, yeah, that one is which switch i'm talking about, and in my settings, it has off, day and night position