Spitfire Prop Animation Cutting VR frames in Half

muse458

HI All,

just wondering if there is a solution to this (maybe ED will have a option :Simple Prop Animation etc)

Is anyone else experiencing this?

a few of us are experiencing the problem, the spitfire prop animation looks awesome but its terrible for VR frame rates, especially when you are flying at the sun. The P51 prop is great in this respect as you can only just see it.

is there anyway of replacing the spitfire prop animation with the P51 Prop animation? or any other solutions to this... love the plane... just want to be able to fly jitter free.

I notice a strange distorsion over the gunsight, caused by the prop, and this happens only in Spitfire. Lowering Pixel resolution to 1.5 helped but not cured the problem.

Anyway, I didnt noticed fps reduction. Just the distorsion that is making me sick.

MSI Trident X Plus 9SF-488EU Intel Core i9-9900K/64GB/2x2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD+1x2TB SSD/RTX 2080Ti/Samsung C49RG90 120hz/HP Reverb/

Luke this is ASW, you will also notice it on the wing tips or on the hud as the runway is passing underneath it. You will need to disable ASW, which is a registry edit. If you want to know how to do it you can google it and find the i fo.

Yes, I thought the same , but, I have ASW always deactivated, or thats what I think.

The .reg file you mention is:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Oculus VR, LLC]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Oculus VR, LLC\LibOVR]

"AswEnabled"=dword:00000000

I run it almost everyday just in case any Oculus update overwrites it.

Also I try Control+1 and is not working. Actually it never worked for me in DCS.:(

MSI Trident X Plus 9SF-488EU Intel Core i9-9900K/64GB/2x2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD+1x2TB SSD/RTX 2080Ti/Samsung C49RG90 120hz/HP Reverb/

Yes, I thought the same , but, I have ASW always deactivated, or thats what I think.

Also I try Control+1 and is not working. Actually it never worked for me in DCS.:(

I had the same issue with the gun sight. Hitting Ctrl1 did work for me.

I do recall that a few builds ago Ctrl1 didn't work for me...now it does, strange!

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

FPS in Spit's cockpit are definitely lower than in other WW2 planes - not sure if it's due to prop animation though. Cold Start mission in Dora gives me 90fps rage at the start (engine off); Spit's Cold Start mission is only 45fps.