Server restarts

Good morning all, just a curious question if anyone can help, is there a way to make a dedicated server restart after a set period of time without having to restart it manually?

I believe there are some server that do this and just wanted to find out how it is done.

Many thanks all.

RAF Air UK Website

http://www.rafairuk-dcs.co.uk/

Mike Alpha Tango's YouTube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9oKDSVDDDErRVjRFqgu3bA

Intel i7-6700k

RTX 2080TI

Gigabyte Z170-gaming K3

32gb DDR4 RAM

Hotas Warthog

CV1

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried this out, however no avail it just seems to crash the program.

I have used a trigger set is "Once - Time is more (60 seconds to test) - load mission"

however it just causes DCS to crash, so need a helping hand to figure out what I need to do to make the server restart correctly.

many thanks

RAF Air UK Website

http://www.rafairuk-dcs.co.uk/

Mike Alpha Tango's YouTube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9oKDSVDDDErRVjRFqgu3bA

Intel i7-6700k

RTX 2080TI

Gigabyte Z170-gaming K3

32gb DDR4 RAM

Hotas Warthog

CV1

The mission restart / select new mission trigger has been broken for a long time, as you have found out most of the time it simply crashes the sim.

Best thing to do is actually use a script to automatically detect when the server has crashed and then restart the server automatically.

So you still use the 'End Mission' trigger, the only difference is when your server crashes you're script will detect this and restart DCS.

I think someone has posted a DCS restart script somewhere on the forums but I may be wrong. Hopefully someone else will come along and point you in the right direction, or you can go looking yourself :)

Good luck!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

I use the Action -> Load Mission, with a variety of Conditions, including Time More() for a timeout and restart. You do need to select the mission to Load. On occasion my server will get a DCS Stopped Working message - maybe once every two weeks, and it is constantly running. I'd like to take a look at this restart script mentioned above.

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

• 3 months later...
I use the Action -> Load Mission, with a variety of Conditions, including Time More() for a timeout and restart. You do need to select the mission to Load. On occasion my server will get a DCS Stopped Working message - maybe once every two weeks, and it is constantly running. I'd like to take a look at this restart script mentioned above.

I cannot successfully configure this. On my server and my pc, DCS.exe simply crashes with errors pointing at WORLDGENERAL.dll. I've tried multiple ways. The DCS.log from my pc shows the .dll looking in a TEMP directory for the new mission to load. I'm bumfuzzled.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

So's here the deal. Here's a chunk of dcs.log from a "load mission" crash:

00780.591 INFO WORLDGENERAL: mission file: "C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\Kashuri_Stronghold_Breakout_2.miz" not found, trying Saved Games

00780.609 ERROR Dispatcher: Error: Cannot open C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\Kashuri_Stronghold_Breakout_2.miz

00780.610 INFO DCS: try to write dump information

00780.613 INFO EDCORE: # -------------- 20170522-180822 --------------

00780.614 INFO EDCORE: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe

00780.615 INFO EDCORE: # C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 3FA2C572 00:00000000

I don't know why it starts looking in the directory shown; I pointed the trigger action at a completely different folder. If you're using slmod, your mission files might not even be in "saved games".

So, I copied the mission I want to load at the specified path, "C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS" and tested it on the test install I have here at work. It successfully ended and reloaded the mission.

I guess a workaround would be to use a script or batch file to make sure your mission files are copied to the above directory. I'll test it further tonight.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060

Scheduled reboot, DCS in startup or a batch file to monitor the DCS.exe or autoit or whatever you want. Then use the dedicated server script from Ciribob and it will load the last mission right away. I did used to have the problem with crashing on loadmission and it's variously working or liable to cause issues depending on the patch version, fullness of the moon, etc.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *