Autohotkey Thread

Based upon the information provided by this thread

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=19363

I immediately started working. It only took me some minutes to have first usable results.

Here is a one-button-script which allows the normal use of airbrakes, at least I tested it with the MiG29-A and -S.

You need to install this free program first in order to make the scriptfile work:

http://www.autohotkey.com/

Open the Airbrake.ahk with an editor and modify it to the joystick button you normally use for toggling the airbrakes.

Before Lock-On starts, double click the Airbrake.ahk and the airbrakes will only be active as long as you hold the joystick button. If you release the button, the airbrakes will retract - as in real life !

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

Wow! That's been fast good work Raven! Nice one!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

A stupid question (ok, maybe not stupid :D):

Can I assign that to my "I" button on my X-52? Because I "unlocked" it and I use it as an airbrake in LO...

:music_whistling:

edit:

Nevermind, I got it working; however, it doesn't respond sometimes as it should. Other times (when I press another key on the X52) it activates the airbrake and won't let it go...

But it is a nice program :D

It's probably the fault of X52.

Not sure about the Russian planes. But this isn't how it works IRL, in US Planes.

Well... not quite. IRL in US planes the speed brake switch is a three position switch.

Forward position: When moved full forward the speed brake is fully retracted. If the speed brake is extended, moving the switch to this forward position causes the speed brake to retract.

Middle position: When moved to the middle position, the speed brake can be stopped in any intermediate position from fully open to fully closed.

Aft position: When moved to the aft position, the speed brake is opened.

Normal operations is like this. I wanna "fan the boards" which means to open the speed brake momentarily and close them again. This is useful when getting into position behind a bandit or to get into formation. The switch is moved from the forward position to the aft position then back to the forward position. If I want to increase drag on the aircraft just a little and "crack the boards" I move the switch from the forward position to the aft position until the desired level of drag is obtained then, move the switch to the middle position. This causes the speed brake to be opened to any intermediate position from fully opened to fully closed. If I then want to cause more drag, i just repeat. If I want less drag I move the switch momentarily to the forward position then back to middle. If I want them down. I move the switch to the forward position. If I want them fully extended I move the switch to the full aft position and let it stay there.

In the real F-15 the speed brakes won't come up if the AOA is above 25 units. If the boards are up and the AOA reaches 25 units, the boards automatically retract.

• 4 months later...
A stupid question (ok, maybe not stupid :D):

Can I assign that to my "I" button on my X-52? Because I "unlocked" it and I use it as an airbrake in LO...

:music_whistling:

Blackhawk,

How did you manage to unlock/assign a command on the "I" button? Do you do this in the SST profiler?

Well, i got pictures here from the mig-29...allot actualy, from the book Mikoyan MiG-29

But there i see that the SMT still has the normal tail that the A and the C have...Just the M, OVT, K have the beaver tail....

Well....than the IRIS mig-29 version got the wrong airbrake:music_whistling::lol:

Never knew it was true that the airbrake could not be opened on ground

DCS World, A10C, AV8B, M2k, FA18C, FC3, MIG21