Tacview 1.5.3 is now available!

Vyrtuoz

Thank you Zaelu,

It looks like the crash is related to Tacview indeed. But, unfortunately there is not enough information to know precisely why…

Can you share me a track file of a flight which crash when the exporter is enabled? If you can’t get any track file, can you relaunch it with the exporter disabled to produce 30 seconds of track file? This mayl help me to reproduce the conditions of the crash.

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Check your PM please. I send you two links for 2 archives because they are too big to attach here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Hotfix for multiplayer crash

I have fixed the crash in DCS World when you come back to spectator mode during multiplayer missions.

Please download and install the attached hotfix. See included readme.txt for the procedure.

http://www.tacview.net/download/tacview154hotfix.zip

This fix is included in Tacview 1.6 which should be published soon™.

Thanks for the hotfix Vyrtuoz!

Mule,

Check your User folder/Saved Games/DCS/Scripts/Export.lua

It should have only one line regarding Tacview

like this:

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

Make sure you don't have more (active)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

You record own single player missions? If not... Maybe some servers don't allow export and have also the 10 minute delay and the file is short.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys,

our squadron uses tacview 1.5.4 to record our 1v1 cup and maybe we've found a little bug. The export is your plane only however the server is set to make individual tacviews for everyone. We start the game, and everything is fine until we switch maps (change map function, not restart) and then the acmi file is closed and no more file generated. So in a 3 round match we have an acmi file with only the first round. Could you check it out? Thanks in advance. (Great new features though!)

knix

Hi guys,

our squadron uses tacview 1.5.4 to record our 1v1 cup and maybe we've found a little bug. The export is your plane only however the server is set to make individual tacviews for everyone. We start the game, and everything is fine until we switch maps (change map function, not restart) and then the acmi file is closed and no more file generated. So in a 3 round match we have an acmi file with only the first round. Could you check it out? Thanks in advance. (Great new features though!)

knix

Or the other solution could be exit the server, then restart with the new map, have you tried that..should restart TacView new file..:music_whistling:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Or the other solution could be exit the server, then restart with the new map, have you tried that..should restart TacView new file..:music_whistling:

Yeah, or maybe I could reinstall the whole server between rounds :megalol:

Being serious, I prefer fixes instead of workarounds and I'm sure the Tacview team will deliver a fix with the next update. Until then probably I will do server restarts between rounds. (but it would be nice if they can confirm that the fix is coming)

Were you flying on a multiplayer sever which has prohibited any data export?

http://www.tacview.net/documentation/dcs/#q22

I have Tacview installed. I can see the icon within the options in DCS World. I have record ticked etc. When I finish a flight I just get a 1kb Tacview zip acmi file in my Tacview folder. This happens every flight.

Can anyone hep me out here?

@Mule

Can you reproduce the bug, then exit DCS World and share me the dcs.log and dcs.log.old which can be found in \Saved Games\DCS\Logs\ as well as the acmi file corresponding to this flight.

@knix15

I am not aware of the “change map function”. Is it script function or an option in DCS World menu? Can you reproduce the issue, exit DCS World and share me the corresponding \Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log files and acmi file saved on the server?

@jarol

I am not sure what you mean by that. Actually, there is actually no plan to have Tacview running “inside” DCS World. If you are talking about a more detailed and accurate debriefing in Tacview, then yes, there will be one eventually in Tacview.

Thank you for the logs Mule.

The answer to your problem is at the question 16 of the FAQ:

http://www.tacview.net/documentation/dcs/#q16

It looks like that your problem is coming from two improperly installed/uninstalled scripts. SimShaker and another one referencing radios.

You can either fix theses errors manually, or simply delete your export.lua and then reinstall Tacview (no need to uninstall before). This will fix your issue.

Thank you for the logs Mule.

The answer to your problem is at the question 16 of the FAQ:

http://www.tacview.net/documentation/dcs/#q16

It looks like that your problem is coming from two improperly installed/uninstalled scripts. SimShaker and another one referencing radios.

You can either fix theses errors manually, or simply delete your export.lua and then reinstall Tacview (no need to uninstall before). This will fix your issue.

Thanks very much.:smilewink:

@knix15

I am not aware of the “change map function”. Is it script function or an option in DCS World menu? Can you reproduce the issue, exit DCS World and share me the corresponding \Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log files and acmi file saved on the server?

Yes, I will. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Sj99lqClRuRFZrWWh6Z0RrcXc

log, tacview files, pic about the change map

Version 1.5.4

Settings:

Create one file for each client ON

Record flight data ON

Delay 10 min

Profiling 10 min

3 Clients, 2 player 1 game master

Steps:

1. Start server

2. Connect the clients

3. Play

4. Change map

5. Play more

Result:

File export stops after map change, no more file generated

Desired result:

After map change, new file generated for each player

If you need more info just ask I'm happy to help. (because it's an awesome feature)

Also I have twitch video about the case.

Thank you Knix, I am going to investigate that as soon as possible.

Can you get the same dcs.log files from the server side next time you notice the problem?

The attached log is from the server side, do you need more?

For some reason, some files wont play. When I load them, I get a error message saying:

"The format of 'F:\Dokumente\Tacview\Tacview-20170305-000828-DCS-BASIS - Europe vs. USA 2.1.zip.acmi' is not supported"

Even though it has the same format as the ones I can load.. any ideas?

Can you share this file? I will check its content.

For some reason, some files wont play. When I load them, I get a error message saying:

"The format of 'F:\Dokumente\Tacview\Tacview-20170305-000828-DCS-BASIS - Europe vs. USA 2.1.zip.acmi' is not supported"

Even though it has the same format as the ones I can load.. any ideas?