Working Custom Kneeboard (MOD)

Zabuzard

So, I've used the technique of LN itself to get a custom kneeboard going. I created a 'mod' which includes my current custom kneeboard. It contains 15 images, feel free to use or change the images.

You know the drill, just copy the contents over to the DCS installation directory. The folder structure is the same as in DCS itself.

Link:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-12284363/AJS-37CustomKneeboard.zip.html

I described the technique in detail here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3036780&postcount=4

The mod itself is probably obsolete once LN fixes the kneeboard issue. Until then, you can use this mod. You may also find the images of the mod useful for your own custom kneeboard.

3skzG2m.jpg

Edited by Zabuza
  • Like 3

If I might add a suggestion: Adding the warning pages from the manual might be useful. I often have to look in the manual to figure out the warnings on the left and right panels.

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't tried the release Viggen yet - do we know if images placed in the Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\scripts\KNEEBOARD\indicator\CONTENT folder will appear on the Viggen kneeboard?

Or do we have to continue to put an image there plus a corresponding lua script file (one for each image) that contains - among other things - the add_picture(...) method call?

Currently they won't automatically appear, you need that lua-call (not tested with todays update though).

However, I'm sure they will fix that issue soon so that we are able to use the regular method of just putting images into /Games/DCS/Kneeboard/AJS30/ or so. At least for me this got a mandatory feature in DCS.

There was an issue with my latest upload. Here's the mod again (at an other hoster - with no malicious ads hopefully):

http://zabuza.square7.ch/dcs/AJS-37%20Custom%20Kneeboard.zip

It also contains some updates compared to the previous version.

Edited by Zabuza

Thank you!

Very useful!

Cheers

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Haven't tried the release Viggen yet - do we know if images placed in the Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\scripts\KNEEBOARD\indicator\CONTENT folder will appear on the Viggen kneeboard?

Or do we have to continue to put an image there plus a corresponding lua script file (one for each image) that contains - among other things - the add_picture(...) method call?

Well I put another image into the folder above and it didn't appear on the Viggen kneeboard, so it appears for now (release v1.5.6) that you need to continue to add the lua script.

The attached custom kneeboard mod switches the AJS37 kneeboard to the default kneeboard like every other module has. Which means it also accepts custom images.

Unfortunately this removes the dynamic pages from LN...

Thanks but, what about custom folder in Saved Games\AJS-37 or something?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Thank you Brixmis. Got it.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

Yesss! It works!

It does see folder name "AJS37" in Saved Games/DCS/Kneeboard.

Thank you CHSubZero! Love you!